Sign in to follow this  
ironroad

A Piece of History

somebody's been busy....

Methinks we should have a youtube thread.

Supposedly from Libya in 1989

at 2:43 you can see one of the floggers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sj0HctAs8TA

it is. I still have an audio tape of that and it is the same engagement. I remember that one all too well.

it is. I still have an audio tape of that and it is the same engagement. I remember that one all too well.

Well I have the audio and a few documentaries that feature the engagement. I have never seen the TCS, just the last second gun camera footage of the winder shot and strike. So I did not know if the video was authentic or not. But it appears to be.

Well I have the audio and a few documentaries that feature the engagement. I have never seen the TCS, just the last second gun camera footage of the winder shot and strike. So I did not know if the video was authentic or not. But it appears to be.

it is the same video we reviewed on the flagship after the engagement and I recall the details of the audio from my part during the engagement.

warning yellow, weapons hold!

haha!!

everyday i listen to not mp3 but this kind of audio!

cool!!

warning yellow, weapons hold!

haha!!

everyday i listen to not mp3 but this kind of audio!

cool!!

haha?

????

Guest Saganuay82

Your part of the engagement? What part were you involved in?

Your part of the engagement? What part were you involved in?

I was the TAO for the 6th Fleet Commander on the flagship. As such, although not flying in the engagement, I was an indirect participant in the action from the time the Floggers started moving until it was all over. I was the first one in the fleet to call a threat inbound. Having said that, the Officer in Tactical Command under whose direct command the engagement occured was the Carrier Group Commander an echelon below the Fleet Commander. CARGRU commander (actually his TAO) is the one you hear in the audio giving the Warning Yellow call. That is the direct involvement, the Fleet level where I was is more accurately an indirect involvement.

it certainly kept me busy during that watch.

Guest Saganuay82

So you were ALPHA WHISKEY and we heard ALPHA BRAVO the OTC.

So you were ALPHA WHISKEY and we heard ALPHA BRAVO the OTC.

Negative. Alpha Whiskey is the Anti-Warfare Command who works for Alpha Bravo who was the OTC. Either of them could have issued the Warning Yellow and I do not know for certain which one did, though I think in this case it was Alpha Whiskey. The next one up the chain is Alpha Alpha who is whom I worked for and that covered the entire Med.

So I had a ring-side seat, so to speak, and was plugged into the event from prior to start to past the end keeping my boss, the 3-star in command of the Sixth Fleet in the loop, but no direct hand in the events as they occured.