Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

The Aeronauts...

I was browsing IMDB for aviation related films and I came across a French series from the 1960's called the Aeronauts (Les Chevaliers du ciel). Seemed quite interesting. Has anyone seen any of it, from what I can gather it featured Mirages.

I haven't seen the 1960 TV series, but in 2005 Gerard Pirès (I think) released "Skyfighters", a movie based on the 1960 TV series (infact the movie's original name is "Les chevaliers du ciel", exactly like the TV series and the comic on which it was based) with some slight differences (the pilot names and Mirage 2000s instead of Mirage 3s). The movie has pretty good flight scenes (all made with real planes), but the story is a bit... strange (especially a part that reminded me too much "Iron Eagle" :mellow: ).

I was browsing IMDB for aviation related films and I came across a French series from the 1960's called the Aeronauts (Les Chevaliers du ciel). Seemed quite interesting. Has anyone seen any of it, from what I can gather it featured Mirages.

I am afraid that I am old enough to have seen it the first time around when it was shown dubbed on the BBC on Saturday mornings, It was not too bad the flying scenes with Mirage 111's based at Dijon were the best part and the series is available on DVD in France but only in French.

I have a copy of the more recent film which actually features some of the best aerial shots seen on film for quite a few years, which I got ebay for 20euros.

http://www.leschevaliers-lefilm.com/site/intro.html Link to films website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Chevaliers_du_ciel Further Information

post-27199-1192312298_thumb.jpg

Disturbingly I think I vaguely remember the TV series from when I was err.. a lot younger. The film has one of the more random plots I've ever seen (cue my flight commander 'what the f**k?!?!?'), however the flying sequences are pretty awesome and the bit with the dancer on the Corsair but we'd been at sea for a while so who knows...

There's a game with this name in development, although it's a WWI game of course as that's the era most associated with "knights."

I remember very well those TV movie they were based on a comic series Tanguy et Laverdure....Ask to Sony Tuckson for more...The family feeling with Buck Danny comic from the same autor.....I was young and spent all my holydays on the Romagna shoreline waching the sky searching for the screaming '104.......For me that TV movie series were much better than the new released 2005 one......This last show the pilot taking Hi G manovre without Oxy mask....a foolish......The film maker should be much near to the reality!!!!!

Mau.

I remember watching Les Chevaliers du ciel when I was a kid. I really cannot remember anything from it, except for the Mirages.

If you're a kid and you watch fast jets on tv, you're doomed :smile: