Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Anyone Get Quake Wars

I just got it today, will install it later tonight. Maybe some of us can get a game going and use the CA Teamspeak server?

didn't you read? he got the brown box with deathtrap ladders :tongue:

CA has a teamspeak server? More people probably have BF2 or ArmA

CA has a teamspeak server?

Yeah check the front page, bottom right of the menu bar on the right side.

FC

What is TF2?

I didn't think much of the Quake Wars BETA I tried, it was full of players bunny hopping

Edited by Revvin

Team Fortress 2.

Valve made it exaggerated and cartoony instead of its original design being almost exactly like BF2. It's still supposed to play incredibly online though.

I didn't think much of the Quake Wars BETA I tried, it was full of players bunny hopping

That doesn't bother me, I still kill them anyway.

I tried the demo, but I didn't think it was worth $50. I'm waiting for a sale to pick it up. The AI for the bots is pretty good, though. Reminds me of UT's bots.

Speaking of, I tried the UT3 demo this weekend and it's quite good too.

Well I installed it and played it until 2 am had a blast. And on th servers I was on, no one was bunny hopping. Its a fast paced shooter that is for sure. I am glad I got it.

Team Fortress 2.

Valve made it exaggerated and cartoony instead of its original design being almost exactly like BF2. It's still supposed to play incredibly online though.

I really didn't think I'd like TF2 because of the cartoon style to it but damn its fun! its more enclosed than Quake Wars, perhaps if there is not so much bunny hopping in QW now I'll pick it up sometime.

I really didn't think I'd like TF2 because of the cartoon style to it but damn its fun! its more enclosed than Quake Wars, perhaps if there is not so much bunny hopping in QW now I'll pick it up sometime.

I just didn't see people bunny hopping all over. I am sure it happens but not on any of the servers I was on.

Maybe you can shed some light on this having the final version but in BETA there was not much of a penalty for bunny hopping where as in other games continually jumping would slow you down a lot, perhaps they changed this in the final release?

Maybe you can shed some light on this having the final version but in BETA there was not much of a penalty for bunny hopping where as in other games continually jumping would slow you down a lot, perhaps they changed this in the final release?

You can jump of course but its never been one of my tactics to bunny hop. So I haven't really looked into it on a personal level. When I play tonight I will see what happens. That action is fast though, I mean I got killed really quickly in a lot of the games. Graphics are good, vehicle are cool, the environments is awesome. Even in single player mode its damn fun.

After playing for a few days I have to say this is really really fun. I am not seeing anyone bunny hopping around although its possible. The game play is intense and there is a few balance issues I see but overall its a lot of fun and have no regrets on buying it. It is much better than HALO 3 IMHO.

Just got it, and TF2 for my birthday :biggrin:

Installing now, does it have a friends function to find people like steam?

Just got it, and TF2 for my birthday :biggrin:

Installing now, does it have a friends function to find people like steam?

It has an in game friend finder, I wont be on until Saturday or Sunday though. But in the mean time get a mic so we can use the CA teamspeak server. Happy Birthday by the way.

I have a mic, I just have to find where it is.