Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

How do you take off from a carrier in WoE single missions?

Hi,

Is it possible to take off from a carrier in the custom single missions of Wings over Europe?

I've sdownloaded tan aircraft carrier,(the U.S.S Harry Truman) from this site, and even when i select a carrier based aircraft like an F-14, F/A-18, the mission starts on a runway...

AFAIK, there is no way to do this. While the aircraft carrier has some properties of an airfield I don't think the sim considers it as a start point regardless of the aircraft type.

Question: Do you have WOV installed as well? It has a carrier take off mission you could use. Otherwise if I was at home I could whip up a quick mission that would do what you want.

The bottom line is you will have to build a mission to do this. Not hard as they are text files, but it will take a little effort.

Edited by kirbykern

Hi,

Is it possible to take off from a carrier in the custom single missions of Wings over Europe?

I've sdownloaded tan aircraft carrier,(the U.S.S Harry Truman) from this site, and even when i select a carrier based aircraft like an F-14, F/A-18, the mission starts on a runway...

It's only possible to take off and recover on a carrier in a scripted mission, or in a campaign. As carriers are not recognized as airfields by the game engine, randomly created missions will not use them. That applies to all the titles in the series.

AFAIK, there is no way to do this. While the aircraft carrier has some properties of an airfield I don't think the sim considers it as a start point regardless of the aircraft type.

Question: Do you have WOV installed as well?

No.. it's just WoE patched to the latest version (v.08.30.006)

No.. it's just WoE patched to the latest version (v.08.30.006)

Try using one of the mission editors to create a custom mission using the carrier as your start point. I'd recommend "Le Missioneur" mission editor; it's quite user friendly.

I'd recommend "Le Missioneur" mission editor; it's quite user friendly.

is that the kmd editor or a different one? in English?

is that the kmd editor or a different one? in English?

It's a different one. I think I got it at Check6 (the french might give it away), but I found it's much easier to use than the KMD.

Guest Saganuay82

They are the same once you learn it. I use Kreelins.

thanks. I have been using the same one. If its pretty much the same, I'll stick with it. It can be a bit of challenge sometimes to build a mission with the editor that executes in the sim the way I intended it to. But getting better at it. When I get them right I'll be posting a grunch of carrier missions.

Yeah, I should have clarified that. They do the same thing, I just found learning to use "Le Missioneur" was easier than KMD.

Edited by tank03