Tetet any Idea when this might be done???

I'm on a travel right now, I hope I find time for it in week 43 or 44.

I started to change the ini's according to malibu43's suggestions. Seems to work ok with targettype=misc. However, the modified campaign still has the tendency to schedule strikes against the Noi Bai runway...

I also found that the shipping route I set up between Haiphong and Vinh is used by trucks.

I've added two Thai (USAF) units to Nakhon Phanom and Udon and hope this prevents the VC from infiltrating.

I started to change the ini's according to malibu43's suggestions. Seems to work ok with targettype=misc. However, the modified campaign still has the tendency to schedule strikes against the Noi Bai runway...

I also found that the shipping route I set up between Haiphong and Vinh is used by trucks.

I've added two Thai (USAF) units to Nakhon Phanom and Udon and hope this prevents the VC from infiltrating.

Did you use the modified movement.ini with a new frontline? I think that might help keep strikes from being scheduled on friendly bases.

Did you use the modified movement.ini with a new frontline? I think that might help keep strikes from being scheduled on friendly bases.

No, I wanted to see the effect on the guards at the airports first and then see if the frontline further improves things.

Hi TeTee and malibu43

Am playing Steel tiger with a modified Rolling thunder by malibu43. Using Green Hell 2 I am having good times hunting trucks down the trail.

I was just wondering what was happening with Steel Tiger?

And also if I was to add lots more truck routes and stops to the map in Laos and Cambodia to my normal WOV map do you reckon this will effect the outcome of the normal campaigns?

Cheers

Snapper21

Hi TeTee and malibu43

Am playing Steel tiger with a modified Rolling thunder by malibu43. Using Green Hell 2 I am having good times hunting trucks down the trail.

And also if I was to add lots more truck routes and stops to the map in Laos and Cambodia to my normal WOV map do you reckon this will effect the outcome of the normal campaigns?

Cheers

Snapper21

As I understand it, the truck routes don't actually affect supply or anything like that. See this response I got from TK when I asked about armed recon:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...p;t=5089#p35337

4/5. StartInterdiction is the number of missions you need before getting ArmedRecon mission, so if you want Armed Recon mission, you want this number to be low. ArmedRecon are generated if the truck routes are in movement .ini files, and if they're near the primary target area (either main strike area or main ground offensive area).

So the best thing to do it you want lots of armed recon is add truck routes connecting as many of the target areas (in ways that make sense of course) as you can so that primary targets for strike missions will always have a chance of Armed Recon missions being near by.

I just uploaded a slightly updated version to the download section. When approved feel free to give it a whirl. There seems to be still a lack of ground war going on, though you'll get the occasional armed recon mission. To add some spice to the armed recon some AAA sites close to the interdiction points would be great.

There is also a known problem with some truck routes being in the water... Just imagine that the floating trucks are sampans ;)

Is this download compatible with YAP?

Hi TeTET

First off I think what you are trying to achieve with Steel Tiger will add so much to the game. I hope this is just the beginning of adding more targets to the map.

The reason you are getting trucks in the sea, is because you are using two of the old shipping routes from VietnamSEA map as truck routes. Now it would be cool if these shipping routes were down South and we could get Sampans using them!

Thanks for a great mod

Snapper 21

Is this download compatible with YAP?

I do not have YAP, so can't test it.

simply awesome!! keep up the great work!! i wish i had the talent to do terrains.

Ditto. Great Campaign!

I just tried to restrict the action some more and removed all air units and any targets from RP4, 5 and 6. A limited test with a USN A-4 Squadron showed that the result is an endless series of armed recon and close air support, with a strike on Dragon's Jaw being the most dangerous one. It certainly is a bit lightweight as a campaign, but for getting proficient in ground pounding it's probably a great start. If anyone is interested in the data files, please PM me and I send you the updated campaign and target file.