Sign in to follow this  
lazboy

Newbie Modder - What am I doing wrong

Hi can any one point me in the right direction as I have recently exported an aircraft model using the TH Exporter and created a LOD for the plane successfully, however when I fly the plane in WOE or WOV the airframe is invisible and amusingly all you see flying through the air is the pilot and any weapons that it might be carrying.

The plane is fully controlable just Invisible! I guess that I must have done something wrong in the model creation or exporting phases?

Any clues ?

Lazboy

Edited by lazboy

Hi can any one point me in the right direction as I have recently exported an aircraft model using the TH Exporter and created a LOD for the plane successfully, however when I fly the plane in WOE or WOV the airframe is invisible and amusingly all you see flying through the air is the pilot and any weapons that it might be carrying.

The plane is fully controlable just Invisible! I guess that I must have done something wrong in the model creation or exporting phases?

Any clues ?

Lazboy

If you are using Max , you need to use your material editor and put some material on it..then it wont be invisible

Edited by Veltro2k

Also make sure the center of the aircraft is centered in max. On my first project I built the plane WAAAY oversized initially and when I rescaled it - offcenter. The pilot was flying around about 45 metres to the left of the aircraft.