Sign in to follow this  
column5

I need a programmer!

Could someone write a program with the following specifications?

The program opens a text file and allows you to specify a pattern. For example, [AirUnit###]

The program searches the text file for the pattern, and sets the first occurence to [AirUnit001], and then increments each occurence after the first by 1, so the next occurence would be [AirUnit002], etc.

Seems like a fairly easy task in VB, but then I'm not a programmer... :dntknw:

Thanks!

if i would find the time for it i'll do it (in C# if you won't mind.. requires .NET Framework 2.0)

Anything would be great. When there are over 100 squadrons in a campaign, and you add one up in the friendly section, it takes f o r e v e r to renumber all the entries.

Anything would be great. When there are over 100 squadrons in a campaign, and you add one up in the friendly section, it takes f o r e v e r to renumber all the entries.

I have something available that might come in handy for you:http://woffle.de/wov/weaponsCheck/" target="_blank"> http://woffle.de/wov/weaponsCheck/. Not sure if I'll find tonight to update it for your purpose. It requires a Java Runtime Environment, though. If someone wants the source, drop me a line.

What about using lowengrin campaign editor? I got one of his beta he never released and it works just fin for that.Check your pm Don.

I need and old priest and a young priest.....

Here's a small Java tool that should do the job unless there are duplicate entries in the INI file:

Count On Me

You need a Java Runtime Environment (JRE), for example from Java @ Sun

What about using lowengrin campaign editor? I got one of his beta he never released and it works just fin for that.Check your pm Don.
Doesn't seem to want to work with WOE... :sorry:
Here's a small Java tool that should do the job unless there are duplicate entries in the INI file:Count On MeYou need a Java Runtime Environment (JRE), for example from Java @ Sun
I installed the latest JRE...but how do I run the java app?

... :sorry:I installed the latest JRE...but how do I run the java app?

Double click should be working. When I d/l the .jar via Firefox it asks me if I want to open it with Java. Right click offers me the option 'Open With'->'Java Platform SE binary'

Edited by TeTeT

OK, I got it to run. For some reason, it was downloading as a .zip file. I changed the extension to .jar and it works. Problem is, I purposefully added a numbering error to one of my campaign files, and it failed to find it.

Not sure why the editor isn't working for you. Works for me.

Not sure why the editor isn't working for you. Works for me.

It won't accept WOE.exe as the game path.

It won't accept WOE.exe as the game path.

try to put a exe of the other games in the WOE folder..... so that the prog can find it....

OK, I got it to run. For some reason, it was downloading as a .zip file. I changed the extension to .jar and it works. Problem is, I purposefully added a numbering error to one of my campaign files, and it failed to find it.

Can you send me the INI, I'd like to take a look at it.

Can you send me the INI, I'd like to take a look at it.

Sure thing, I'll send it when I get home tonight.

I've uploaded an updated version of countOnMe. Please see if this fixes your problem. The first version didn't recognize any duplicate sections in an INI at all. This one only takes a look at the text of the INI section.

I've uploaded an updated version of countOnMe. Please see if this fixes your problem. The first version didn't recognize any duplicate sections in an INI at all. This one only takes a look at the text of the INI section.

It works! Thanks a bunch! This will make campaign editing a lot easier now.