Sign in to follow this  
Wolf65

Questions on skinning the Mig-21MF

I want to skin the Mig-21MF into Serbian Air Force colours

So i've got some questions:

Is there any way i can tell on the image of the skin (the template) where for instance the wing "connects" to the fuselogue becouse i want to make the colours like the ones here. I'm kinda lost while looking at the image and don't know where the wing ends and something else starts.

So if anyone who's done skins for the Mig can give me some tips on how to acheve what i want (or atleast if they know a good tutorial :) )

your best bet would be to look at some camo mig-21 skins to give you hints as to how the camo paterns travel from wing to fuselage to tail.Other than that it's kinda trial and error unfortunaly.

I think Pasko did a Serbian MiG 21 skin. I'm sure I've got it saved at home somewhere. It's not uploaded here though and his site seems to be defunct. :sad:

Any news on him?

Post a screenshot if you have it.

Edited by Wolf65

Actually, it's a mistake on my part. I was thinking of a Yugoslav skin, not a Serbian one. - see page 4 of the skins on Marcfighters site.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Just to tell you that is not a Mig-21MF it is a Mig-21bis.

I know.

There is unfortunatly no Mig-21Bis (one i did find turned out to be a MF) avalible for the game, so i'm making the best i can with what i got.

I know.

There is unfortunatly no Mig-21Bis (one i did find turned out to be a MF) avalible for the game, so i'm making the best i can with what i got.

Ok I got you :ok:

I know.

There is unfortunatly no Mig-21Bis (one i did find turned out to be a MF) avalible for the game, so i'm making the best i can with what i got.

Yet.

What really is the difference? Wait weren't you working on making modern MiG-21s?

I would like a Serb MiG skin. One step closer to the J-22 Orao.

Would it be possible to modify the inis of the Mig-21MF to turn it into the Bis, asfar as i've noticed they look the same, so I'm thinking give it a better engine, more fuel and the other things the Bis has and you have a new aircraft.

Edited by Wolf65

Would it be possible to modify the inis of the Mig-21MF to turn it into the Bis, asfar as i've noticed they look the same, so I'm thinking give it a better engine, more fuel and the other things the Bis has and you have a new aircraft.

No need :wink:

There already is a "bis" made by *.ini re-work. However it seems bibbolicious is trying to tell us something :biggrin:

I can neither confirm nor deny anything...... :biggrin:

I can neither confirm nor deny anything...... :biggrin:

Ohh don't spoil it!

Yep...he unspoiled it for all of us.

I am working on the Mig-21bis L and N ( the early and late ones).

There is a lot of differences between the MiG-21MF and the Mig-21bis.

The early MiG-21bis has the same cockpit as the Mig-21MF but later types has a HUD.

Plus it has a better engine which it can do extreme afterburner which can out climb the F-16A and the F-14 tomcat.

And other stuff that the MiG-21MF doesn't have.

Edited by gerald14