Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

SuperHornets/Four Corners Story

Except Iran. Curios but do Aussie F-111s still use TF30s?

All versions of the F-111 use the TF-30. The TF-30 sucks as a fighter engine but you don't really have to worry about that in a dedicated strike aircraft like the F-111 as all it should be doing is going fast and straight anyway. I believe the F-111C has a couple of 21,000lb thrust TF30-P-109's under the hood. The real hot rod of the bunch was the F-111F with the TF-30-P-100 engines rated at 25,100lb of thrust.

Tomcats Rule! Anytime Baby!

Except Iran. Curios but do Aussie F-111s still use TF30s?

Hehe, no one's other than the VVS is buying Su-34s at the mo, which kinda sucks. It's a good plane. As for the parts, MoD here is buying them at cost or occassionally with a 10% mark up Depending on the part. Now someone at Tenix told me that at cost is actually maintenance cost, not production cost. If this is indeed true, then parts are gonna be cheaper for our pigs than for my buddy's new Skyline GTR! (maybe not, but you get the picture - CHEAP!)

Australian Aviation magazine said something about the RAAF maybe considering buying more Super Hornets as well as up to 8 Growlers.

Australian Aviation magazine said something about the RAAF maybe considering buying more Super Hornets as well as up to 8 Growlers.

Let's hope they never face those Sukhois.

Let's hope they never face those Sukhois.

That very possibly won't happen anytime soon. An interesting thing happened when Indonesia bought their first six Sukhois (4x Su-27SKs and a pair of Su-30MK2s). They got them shipped over, had them assembled, flew them around, were generally impressed until someone wanted to see what kind of payload they could carry when, oops... no one had allocated funds to buy weapons for them!! :rofl: Ah... When I first heard that I laughed so hard that I reckon I peed a little! :biggrin: