Sign in to follow this  
USAAF2

Having a problem playing multiplayer.....

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing a strange issue in WOV when trying to play multiplayer with another computer. Both machines are loaded with the same files and there is no problem initiating or playing a game between the two except that the player's aircraft from the host computer will never be loaded with missiles or gun ammo. The other computer does not experience this issue and has the loadout in flight that is determined by the file in the aircraft's folder, in addition to gun ammo as well.

We were playing with "Guns and Missiles" selected, and this issue has reappeared each time we try to play. The strangest part is that we recently added ~25 WWII aircraft into the game and are able to fight with those (aka. the guns have ammo in that case, but not on later aircraft for the host computer). Aside from the additional aircraft, the only other change that was made recently was the addition of the American Northwest terrain.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this issue and would appreciate any help in figuring this out, especially since the files match to play together even though only one computer is experiencing the problem.

Thanks.

Just a question, this is prolly not the issue but I'll ask it anyways. When you installed the 25 extra planes, did both of you install them? Or did you install them to one of the copies of the game and then copy that install over the to the second computer? In the past I've found if you install the stuff independently that it can, from time to time, cause a few issues. We (my nerds and I) just mod one and then copy that one over to the other lan players now and it usuallyworks fine.

Just a question, this is prolly not the issue but I'll ask it anyways. When you installed the 25 extra planes, did both of you install them? Or did you install them to one of the copies of the game and then copy that install over the to the second computer? In the past I've found if you install the stuff independently that it can, from time to time, cause a few issues. We (my nerds and I) just mod one and then copy that one over to the other lan players now and it usuallyworks fine.

Nope, we copied the planes and other files from my computer to his like you just described. Thanks though!

Nope, we copied the planes and other files from my computer to his like you just described. Thanks though!

...and it's still not working? And (this is a stupid question, sorry :no: ) you've got the correct weapons install?

Guest 531_Ghost

The terrain is the same?

...and it's still not working? And (this is a stupid question, sorry :no: ) you've got the correct weapons install?

As far as I know, originally the game did not let us play together and I had to go back and save the weapondata file with the editor again to overwrite the updates on one computer. Could this still be the problem? I was under the impression that if there was any remaining difference in the weapondata file that it wouldn't be possible to play at all. In normal mission gameplay everything still works fine. The terrain is exactly the same, as it was copied from the first computer. Thanks.

Edited by USAAF2

the installs have to be exact...period...kind of a burden, but workable

when we get on line we coordinate exactly what each other has, and then that is usually limited to only a very few changes

well worth it when it works, but I think you may be making too many changes and since the game needs exact matches it spends too much time checking rather than doing the math

just a thought

cheers