Hi! I am new to the forum and I am starting to get into WOV, I was away from it for a while. My question is this. Which is the best ATI driver now days to use for this sim to get smooth FPS and great detail? I am running Win XP SP2, 1GB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9550 256MB, and screen res of 1024 X 768. If you could shed some light on this that would be great. Have a bandit day! PS, Are there any performance tweaks I need to know about for XP SP2?

Well,your config is very similar to mine.

Same RAM,ATi 9600 (dunno how MBs,but I strongly believe it´s 256) and a Pentium 4 1.60 GHz).

Here,the game runs very well,only very complex planes (MiG-25s and F-15s) takes more time to load and are a bit slower.

I'm using a Radeon X800XL with Cat. 5.10 drivers. The 6-series Cats produced artifacts with my card. I haven't tried the 7-series Cats. You might want to check out the CombatAce Knowledge Base for performance-boosting tips.

Hi, thanks for the nice replys! Ok, sounds like I should be in good shape anyway. I forgot to tell you too I am running a 2.10GHz AMD system but looks like that is well enough. My graphics driver I am going to run will be Cat 7.8. I also have a radio controle sim on this computer and the other day when I did a complete format and re-install of this system (once a year maintence thing) I installed the latest Cat drivers, but they didn't seem to be even recognized in my rc sim, so spent a few hours trying the older drivers one by one till I found the one that DID work in the rc sim, so hoping it will also work in WOV. Thanks again and happy flying :)

Hey,remember the ATi Radeon have a weird issue that draws a line in a few planes,I dunno how to fix that as it happens in some other games rarely,but people from here must know how to get the things working.

Watch for the SAMs,enjoy the air.

If it's the Radeon problem I think it is, you deactivate airplane shadows to get rid of it.

i've never had any real problems with the Omega Drivers for my ATI 9800pro, but the arctic cooling system i got for the card helped alot with the heating issues that the stock fan couldn't keep up with.

try omega drivers!!!they're great!!!!more than Ati.cat!I have a 1950 pro 512 mb,2 gb ddr1 and works well!

I used the Omega's in the past but never really saw a difference? When running sims, drivers are drivers it seems, if they work, great, if not, I try another, lol. Installed the sim two days ago and is running like a dream. No stutter or slowdown what so ever under a customized medium setting (graphics). If I set to high, I get a noticeable stutter, but nothing major but I was also in a overcast region with a city and bandits like fireflys so that could have been a reason too :rolleyes: Looking forward to putting in the Tomcat and Hornet for the sim, should really spice it up. Sure enjoy the new SP5 and Patch 8 for the sim, seems alot more stable now and fast. Wish it had an ejection sound though, that is a major flaw in a flight sim I think. Thanks again for your help guys. See ya around!