Continuing my mission building for the ‘Dambusters’ none dambusting strikes I’m looking for a largish Cruiser to sink (well it’s very hard to sink the the KriegFlakDestroyers as they are so skinny especially from 16,000ft) although I have done it with the aid of the ‘Norden ‘bombsight courtesy of dfang.

I’ve got the GroundObject KreigCruiser and wondered if this could be adapted as a Terrain object.

The two Lancaster missions are sinking the Gueydon & Lutzow. I believe the Gueydon was a French battleship and the Lutzow a German pocket battleship. Both were moored when the RAF bombed and sunk them hence the need for terrain objects.

Anyone help me out with this?

The KFC is a AAA item, not a ship per se. (or fried chicken, depending...)

Perhaps a different ship should be used...I offer the one seen in the top of the picture....also, very easy to switch over the flag to the KM one...simple bmp

ships_flags.jpg

Placing them on the map, is jus the same as any other object. Below, Bremerhaven from 'modern' WoE:

bremerhaven_port.jpg

nothing to it, really!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Continuing my mission building for the ‘Dambusters’ none dambusting strikes I’m looking for a largish Cruiser to sink (well it’s very hard to sink the the KriegFlakDestroyers as they are so skinny especially from 16,000ft) although I have done it with the aid of the ‘Norden ‘bombsight courtesy of dfang.

I’ve got the GroundObject KreigCruiser and wondered if this could be adapted as a Terrain object.

The two Lancaster missions are sinking the Gueydon & Lutzow. I believe the Gueydon was a French battleship and the Lutzow a German pocket battleship. Both were moored when the RAF bombed and sunk them hence the need for terrain objects.

Anyone help me out with this?

where did the KreigCruiser come from?

It's in the terrain folder in Edwards WW2 maps (Europe, MTO, etc)

Wrench

kevin stein

The KFC is a AAA item, not a ship per se. (or fried chicken, depending...)

nothing to it, really!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

I tried this but the game doesn't recognise the ship (or fried chicken). Looking in the nuts and bolts (folders etc.) It appears that the KreigCruiser (chickens aren't mentioned) are not in the terrain folder. The item I have is a GROUNDOBJECT not a TERRAIN OBJECT( so it keeps moving as chickens do) when targeted.That's why I want it as a TERRAIN OBJECT.

Think what I need to do is to extract the relevant KreigCruiser files (excepting the data ini. and ini. files) and place them in the terrain but then I think I need the data bit like the one below to go in the TYPES.ini folder if you see what I mean as I don't have this. I need all the right info for this and that's beyond me.

[TargetType113]

Name=KriegFlakDestroyer

FullName=Kriegsmarine Flak Destroyer

TargetType=STATIC_AAA

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=KriegFlakDestroyer

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=500

RepairRate=0

StartDetectChance=20

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=10000.0

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryEffect=LargeBombEffect

SecondaryChance=70

BTW can you do chickens so we can shoot them down instead of A/C. Could be even more fun. Think of the skin variations there could be e.g. red ones blue ones etc. :rofl::rofl:

PS. Did you like my 'two ships' story? If no-one thinks this type of thing is funny or is offeneded I won't bother again. :biggrin:

It's in the terrain folder in Edwards WW2 maps (Europe, MTO, etc)

Wrench

kevin stein

I've flown a mission against the location where the cruiser is on those terrain, no luck. The DD shows up and generally fills the air with flak, but no cruiser. I'm wondering if something needs to be downloaded and added in.

I stand corrected...and looking at mine own installs, it IS a ground object, and set as a static AAA

BUT....

I only have the Flak DD, and no Flak CA (and still can't find the chickens...)

Perhaps there's a Krieg Cruiser floating around out there...that's set as a warship, and will definatley still shoot at you

You can still make it a terrain object, like having it docked at Le Harve or Bremerhaven or wherever...you just add it to the types.ini, with the "UseGroundObject=" set to TRUE

Set the "TargetType=" to MISC; it'll still shoot at you, and it'll show up when the game selects targets for strikes (did this in the WW2 Lybia mod and my now defucnt Modern Darwin.) Naval warships, while 'parked' will engage you with either their guns or in later years, SAMs (if equiped)

Capun's got a Giant Eagle, he made for his kids...something could be done with that. Hmm..."The Giant Claw", anyone??

As for the ship story, I was still waiting for something to come up out the sea....The Great Behemouth, Godzilla, Nessie, whatever....

I think I've figured out what' wrong with this game....it needs more monsters. :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

well, going back to the original querry in this thread - the Cesare and Cavour are two Axis BB's that might serve as a proxy target. There is also the Repulse, Brooklyn and another Russian CL available.

I've been using all of them in some mission building.

I stand corrected...and looking at mine own installs, it IS a ground object, and set as a static AAA

BUT....

I only have the Flak DD, and no Flak CA (and still can't find the chickens...)

Perhaps there's a Krieg Cruiser floating around out there...that's set as a warship, and will definatley still shoot at you

You can still make it a terrain object, like having it docked at Le Harve or Bremerhaven or wherever...you just add it to the types.ini, with the "UseGroundObject=" set to TRUE

Set the "TargetType=" to MISC; it'll still shoot at you, and it'll show up when the game selects targets for strikes (did this in the WW2 Lybia mod and my now defucnt Modern Darwin.) Naval warships, while 'parked' will engage you with either their guns or in later years, SAMs (if equiped)

Capun's got a Giant Eagle, he made for his kids...something could be done with that. Hmm..."The Giant Claw", anyone??

As for the ship story, I was still waiting for something to come up out the sea....The Great Behemouth, Godzilla, Nessie, whatever....

I think I've figured out what' wrong with this game....it needs more monsters. :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks but what's the data for the TYPES input and what do you name it to show up in the sim?

Is this right as noted below?

[TargetTypexxx]

Name=??????? (Kreig Cruiser didn't seem to work-unless I didn't do it right)

FullName=????????

TargetType=STATIC_AAA

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=?????????

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=500

RepairRate=0

StartDetectChance=20

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=10000.0

SecondaryChance=70

Do I need to put files in the terrain and if so which ones or will the sim find it in the GROUNDOBJECT folder?

P.S. I can't wait for you to do those flying chickens tho'. Of course we would need a revised voice pack.. like.....(Ground Control)..''chickens six o'clock..HIGH'',...''Let's get those chickens'' and ..WATCH IT you've got a chicken on your tail..etc. etc.. I want to shoot down the redskin one.

Thanks but what's the data for the TYPES input and what do you name it to show up in the sim?

Is this right as noted below?

[TargetTypexxx]

Name=??????? (Kreig Cruiser didn't seem to work-unless I didn't do it right)

FullName=????????

TargetType=STATIC_AAA

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=?????????

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=500

RepairRate=0

StartDetectChance=20

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=10000.0

SecondaryChance=70

Do I need to put files in the terrain and if so which ones or will the sim find it in the GROUNDOBJECT folder?

P.S. I can't wait for you to do those flying chickens tho'. Of course we would need a revised voice pack.. like.....(Ground Control)..''chickens six o'clock..HIGH'',...''Let's get those chickens'' and ..WATCH IT you've got a chicken on your tail..etc. etc.. I want to shoot down the redskin one.

As you were fellas. I've got this sorted. I had it basically right as above. I put the relevant files in the terrain folder added the TARGET.ini data and TYPES ini. info as above. I had a space in the KREIGCRUISER bit like this KREIG CRUISER..that's why it didn't work... well O.K. it's Brainless posting. Ship appears fine and it shoots at me.. won't get me @ 16,000ft in my Lanc tho' :good:

If anyone thinks I won't sink it from that height.. just wait for the screenshots hopefully sometime today :biggrin:

Now just waiting for those chickens :haha::haha:

If anyone thinks I won't sink it from that height.. just wait for the screenshots hopefully sometime today :biggrin:

Now just waiting for those chickens :haha::haha:

Well here's those screenshots I promised.

post-18933-1196777276_thumb.jpg

There she is..just ripe for sinking.

post-18933-1196777311_thumb.jpg

There goes my Tallboy..right on target (2nd attempt)

post-18933-1196777225_thumb.jpg

Bullseye...sunk it!!

Well wha'd'yre think to those banannas?

P.S. I promise no chickens were involved in the strike. :biggrin: