Sign in to follow this  
MAZ69

A few more questions

Hello again gentlemen,

I've really been enjoying the hell out of WOE for the last three months. All the work that everyone has done has really made it great. However I have a few more questions.

Is there a final solution for getting the hawk missles to work right? I've tried the fixes that I've found here but during a standard mission mine just blow up on launch as always. The weird thing is that today while testing out some planes on the red range the hawks in the target area successfully launched on my planes. I guess the hawks got somehow automatically added to the range after I put them in the game. The question now is: Why do the work on the range and not on a regular map?

My next question deals with how certain planes fly in formation. Why do planes like the F86 and Mig-25 continually bob up and down? My plane will even do it while on autopilot. What causes it and is there a fix?

My last question is about missing pylons. I have the Chinese F-5 & J-6 and the Cuban Mig-17. The J-6 works great but the outer wing pylons on the F-5 and Mig-17 are invisible. The missle just float under the wings. What would the fix for this be?

I'd be thankful for any help you all could give.

Mike

My next question deals with how certain planes fly in formation. Why do planes like the F86 and Mig-25 continually bob up and down? My plane will even do it while on autopilot. What causes it and is there a fix?

that's actually realistic - if you look at real in-cockpit footage you'll see that the planes do move relative to each other even if they look stable from the ground.

What I do find minorly annoying is the amplitude on some & the regularity - it should be uneven.

My last question is about missing pylons. I have the Chinese F-5 & J-6 and the Cuban Mig-17. The J-6 works great but the outer wing pylons on the F-5 and Mig-17 are invisible. The missle just float under the wings. What would the fix for this be?

Yes, there is. You'll find your answer in the Knowledge Base, in my "Weapons and Loadouts Fixes" Thread.

Happy Hunting!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the direction with the pylon problem. Now if I can just figure out the hawk missle situation. Thanks again.

Mike

Oopps..forgot about your Hawk question...

I can't remember EXACTLY where it is, possibly in the 'non-aircraft mods' section, but Nick Bell has posted an updated WoE targets ini with HAWK batteries set up, and with updated Hawk launcher, HIPR and Lopar radar data inis. It makes them super-deadly for the Red side!!

Originally, the HAWK would act as you describe, sometimes blowing up on launch, and sometime blowing up on YOU!!

Wrench

kevin stein

I'll try out Nick Bell's update and see how it works out. When I saw the Hawks launch for the first time on the red range I was watching my flight of Badgers from the free camera view at the target area. I was hoping for a nice flyby but during the turn my right wing man slammed into my plane and sent us both into the ground ( Another problem, the bomber pilots do seem rather ham fisted in the game). At the same moment I hear "Sam launch!" and see the missile streak past me. "What the hell?" I thought. The hawks did seem rather lacking in accuracy. The first took off in a direction away from the last plane. The later missles were slightly better. I was thinking that if I ever did them to work they sure wouldn't be much of threat. So I'm glad to hear that the update makes them more dangerous. I fly the russian planes quite a bit and do miss the sam threat.

Thanks again

Mike