Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

SFP1E_10.exe failure

Well, I can't get SFP1E_10.exe to run. First, it hangs on "Registering fonts" during install, then when I actually try to run it, I select the cat file, click and I get an error message "Error accessing external object property filename." Which is explicit.

Any ideas? I've tried downloading from another source, in case it was corrupt, but reinstalling changes nothing. :sorry:

Guest Saganuay82

Downloading what from where?

Get it again from 3rdwire site and try installing again...works fine in xp and vista...

Well, I can't get SFP1E_10.exe to run. First, it hangs on "Registering fonts" during install, then when I actually try to run it, I select the cat file, click and I get an error message "Error accessing external object property filename." Which is explicit.

Any ideas? I've tried downloading from another source, in case it was corrupt, but reinstalling changes nothing. :sorry:

Whats that?

A Patch?

Whats that?

A Patch?

It's the .cat extractor utility, not a patch.

Have here a Version, dated with 24.01.2004 11:10 which works fine at installation

I have the same problem on my laptop. Posted the problem here, but no replies. Let's see if someone can pinpoint this.

Storm

UPDATE I just D/L'd it from Checksix and had the same result. I'm wondering if I'm missing an XP update or something as this hasnt happened before on any of my other computers.

Edited by ST0RM

I have the same problem on my laptop. Posted the problem here, but no replies. Let's see if someone can pinpoint this.

Storm

UPDATE I just D/L'd it from Checksix and had the same result. I'm wondering if I'm missing an XP update or something as this hasnt happened before on any of my other computers.

I d/l-ed it from here and Check Six - both seem to react the same way, so unless the master file has a problem, it is not a case of corruption. It's possibly a conflict with something on my rig, but I can't imagine what - and a lot of people seem to have the same trouble.

AFAIK, my copy of Windows (XP Home SP2, genuine, OEM) is up-to-date except for the GDI detection tool, which I didn't like the look of!

I've e-mailed Skypat - the program creator - to ask if he has any idea.

One thing comes to mind - who here is running WinAce?

Edited by ndicki

Found the problem. Iolo System Mechanic. It has a monitor program which runs in the background, called

SMSystemAnalyzer.exe. If you go into Task Manager/Processes, you'll find it - it's enough just to click on End Process, and it'll stop. No damage should be done to anything, despite the Windows "It's not going to like this" comment - but don't blame me if...!

Anyway, mine now runs perfectly, so that's one problem solved.

Should this be moved to the knowledge base? It seems to be something we didn't know! :biggrin:

Hmm, I dont have that program at all, so I'm still at square one.

Glad yours works though.

Storm

Hmm, I dont have that program at all, so I'm still at square one.

Glad yours works though.

Storm

Anything similar? It's a registry/cleaning/maintenance tool which runs permanently in the background. Whatever it is, you probably won't find it in the taskmanager under "Applications" but on page 2 under "Processes". Worth checking it all out, bit by bit... Have you got an HP printer installed?

strange

Well, there must be a series of problems then. Pity, I thought we'd got it cracked.

Thanks for the tip. I shut down some things that resembled the programs above and it installed fine. Interesting though.

Storm

Thanks for the tip. I shut down some things that resembled the programs above and it installed fine. Interesting though.

Storm

Goods to hear it - so I'm not off track at all!

The easiest way to get around the install problem is to boot your computer into "Safe Mode," then install the program as normal. You shouldn't need to use compatibility settings. Once it's installed, boot back to normal mode and run the program. It should work normally. I've done this in Windows 7 x64bit.

Edited by mytai01