Sign in to follow this  

topic says it

what is the best nuke explosion effect?

topic says it

what is the best nuke explosion effect?

I think LexxLuthor's nuke effects mod is the most impressive and realistic available for the TW series. I have the "Trinity and Beyond" series on DVD and the effects are quite close to those in the film.

My stuff is kinda "deep" though, off the deep end of a dry pool. I prefer the term "weird."

Thanks tank! Were there problems you saw in the FlightEngine or other sim changes?

-------------

One thing....for use in day missions, you might reduce the particlesizes of the SkyGlow. Cut the value (a length in meters) in half or even to zero. I have thought of this, but have not done it yet. These nucular effects are generally optimized for night missions.

The SkyGlow is for simulating...this, page 2 ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...asc&start=8

Its kinda gastly looking in daytime, but maybe that is how it really is, me being lucky never to have looked directly at a nucular flash.

I'm gonna be adding high FlatClouds to the 3kt and 30kt surface burst effects. Although overly simple (as everything in this package is) the FlatClouds are a fairly framerate and numerically particle friendly method of generating very large atmospheric effects that can last for hours.

realy cool effect's!!! :ok:

where can i get these??

Yes these effects look just like the ones in the movies. Well done Lex!

And it works the same in WoV too, just dont forget to set the Fuze distance, like I did. :biggrin:

Looks much better at night, move away couple of hundred kilometers to watch the fireworks.

This is from a 300 KiloTon bomb. after this I'm kind of scared to drop the megatons.

Edited by pureblue

lol :rofl:

i have some problems installing the effect'sbut it will be a succes

To put a little bit water in your wine. The effect may be good for fuel aerosol bombs, for nuke effects it lack one major nuclear weapon effect which is called EMP electro magnetic pulse. It destroyes all microelectronic devices in the aerea. What means, that after use of a nuclear bomb all of your plane avionics must switch off.