Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

MV-22 Osprey proficiency?

Cheers mate,

I felt that the Ospery needed some firepower as an interem measure until Zurawski had the time to finish the Attack version.

I origionally had miniguns mounted externally on either side of the sponsoons, but this wouldnt work because they fired thru the props :dntknw:

Not to be a spoilsport, but interrupter gear was invented in 1915. :biggrin:

HOWEVER

Just tried your minigun, it's way more fun to fly the Osprey now that I can shoot stuff up! :good:

Took this for a few flights this morning and love it. My first attempt wasnt good as I had forgotten to change the FM to HARD. I fly the game in NORMAL as the jets act goofy on HARD. Anyhow, after the quick change, I was hovering in no time. Really stable.

Off into the pattern (using the Highway Strip as my base) and it accelerates quickly. On downwind, I'm trying to cycle the pods to a 45 degree to slow down, but it's tough. She wants to speed.

Turning base, I drop the gear at 200kts and cycle the pods to about 80 degrees. The buffet is there at 110 as the README stated. I quickly go full 90 on the pods and bleed aff more speed using a slight pitch up angle. For some reason though, it likes to rock back and forth between 100kts and 50kts, then settles down below 50kts.

A nice slow descent into another hover over the pad and I'm down.

Great job Zur! Any chance of a CV-22B? Thats the USAF version.

Thanks,

Storm

Thanks for the kudos! Much appreciated..

Yeah, that oscillation seems to rear its head when you are driving into that 100-50 knots hot... I try to scrub speed much sooner and take her in much more gingerly... doesn't do it nearly as much with this approach. I'm still playing with the induced drag... once I find a sweet spot, that should make things easier.

I plan to offer all the variants including a "what-if" attack variant for the sickos what like to hover and blow crap up! :biggrin:

Not to be a spoilsport, but interrupter gear was invented in 1915. :biggrin:

HOWEVER

Just tried your minigun, it's way more fun to fly the Osprey now that I can shoot stuff up! :good:

You read my mind, however, that interupter gear was designed for a gun that fires <900 rounds per min....as opposed to the minigun which does upwards of 5000 rpm :blink:

Although miniguns are usually electronically controlled/fired which might compensate............

If anyone one wants them on either/both sponsoon, say the word and it shall occur....not that this IS NOT the official gunship version, more of a intrim till its done :yes:

Cheers

Sam

this IS NOT the official gunship version, more of a intrim till its done :yes:

Well it kills people right?

Well it kills people right?

Now THATS a good idea!!! Slightly OT, is there any way to deploy infantry from inside ur aircraft? I'm gonna guess thats a different game, but if someone made a bomb/droppable object that stays in position for a long time, and painted it up like an infantry squad....that could work right>?

Blackhawk

there was a thread on Mi-8/17 and they dropped dudes out of it...so it is possible

You read my mind, however, that interupter gear was designed for a gun that fires <900 rounds per min....as opposed to the minigun which does upwards of 5000 rpm :blink:

:fool: Did not consider that... :biggrin:

Hope I dont tick anyone off. As an interim, I added the A-Team's MH-60X cockpit and it fits well. Gives some S/A to the flying, a bit.

Storm

Hope I dont tick anyone off. As an interim, I added the A-Team's MH-60X cockpit and it fits well. Gives some S/A to the flying, a bit.

Storm

SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!

That's it .... No more making things better!

LOL! KIDDING! :rofl:

As I look at it, do what you must to further your enjoyment of this project while it's in development. I'm not so anal as to insist my toys are played only in certain ways...

I'll have to put my foot down when I see someone paint it pink and cover it with flowers however... :blink:

Edited by Zurawski

Guest Saganuay82

Sounds like a challenge.

Sounds like a challenge.

"Step away from the MS paint and the Hello Kitty stickers and no one gets hurt!"

:biggrin: