Sign in to follow this  
planecrazydale

Weird reflections in water (Nvidia 7600)

Good morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. I recently installed an Nvidia 7600 AGP video card (replacing a 6800 card) and have noticed something kind of strange.

On perfect setting (in OpenGL) I often have 2 dark reflections on the water, at 90 degrees to each other. They start off wide on the horizon and then get narrower until they almost touch each other. If I zoom in, it looks like just a black line, but it is actually on the water, and moves up and down with the waves. (they don't affect frame rate or anything)

If I change to DirectX, the lines are gone, but I cannot set the graphics to Perfect anymore.

Any ideas of what this might be?

I appreciate your help,

Dale

I also use a 7600, this one is a GT

what drivers are you using?

I'm just at work right now, so I'll have to get that info when I get home. (although I believe it is a GS (?))

It doesn't appear to be a card issue as the lines are reflecting on the water...almost a game glitch maybe.

Dale

you would be surprised what your drivers can/cannot do sometimes...I know I wrestle with media player every time I install a new card / drivers

im using nvidia 7900gt and encountered a black cirgle on the water after changing the driver to the version 162.18 the problem is gone

Edited by ravenclaw_007

im using nvidia 7900gt and encountered a black cirgle on the water after changing the driver to the version 162.18 the problem is gone

Looks like a driver update is necessary for me!

Thanks for the help!

Dale

this is too detailed wather for me, i use nvidia ge force 8800, everything is on high (details etc...), but waher efect is the same..(bad)

someone can tell me how to rise wather effects?

You can set the water in "conf.ini" file in your il2 install folder.

Scroll to the end of the file until you find this line:

Water=1

Settings are 0,1,2,3,4.

Note: setting "2" is generally for ATI cards

Also have you guys checked out new 409beta patch? It has new graphics DLL's, primarily for GF8800 cards but...you never know...