As I am returning to somewhat "regular" online play, I have been thinking about ways to re-invigorate our community's interest in online flying. Okay, maybe the community was never "vigorated" in the first place.

What I am proposing is the creation of a list of mods that can be compiled into a library that the multiplayer community can use to spice up our online play. This library would consist of not only addon aircraft, but the latest Weps Pack, and other useful and pleasing enhancements that have been offered here at CA.

The library would be decided on by popular vote by CA members who play online, on a mod per mod basis.

For starters, I'd like to promote the idea of a library for Strike Fighters, and call it something like "Sandstorm".

My first nominations for inclusion might be some things like all of the current Mirage Factory aircraft (universally liked), my own "formations" mod, and that great "Comm" mod.

If this takes off, we can do a WOV/WOE Library and a FE lib.

Feel free to burn me down if you think this is a stupid idear... :unsure:

Edited by Sixgun

Why call it sandstorm? Have you ever been in a sandstorm? Not frakkin pleasant at all...

The Mirage Factory has already put together some rather good all in one mods for MP play. Ping Sony Tuckson or bpao for details.

Great idea. A common MP install would be great so that we could try different missions or flights.

I miss the FA days of Multiplay. It was much easier.

Storm

well, in my oppinion, should be dividede in parts....

like, Desert Storm, Vietnam War, Korean War......

"Sandstorm" was a "noodle" name. Just threw it up there to see if it would stick. I'm open to suggestions. Needs to be something clever on the desert theme.

"Era" oriented mod packages are not necessary. The game dictates the era (the server does anyway), so I am looking at establishing just one whole set of mods based only on the merit of the mods themselves. Besides, later we'll do a WOV and a WOE list too.

SF is my first choice for this because of the fictitious arena, it allows for anyone to pretty much fly anything they want.

I'd like very much to see what the MF guys' suggested mod package includes, but my aim was for a community vote or consensus.

Metal, maybe this thread should be moved to the Virtual squadron area...I might not have been wise to start it here. Sorry.

On the other hand, it may just draw cricket noises there too.

As I am returning to somewhat "regular" online play, I have been thinking about ways to re-invigorate our community's interest in online flying. Okay, maybe the community was never "vigorated" in the first place.

What I am proposing is the creation of a list of mods that can be compiled into a library that the multiplayer community can use to spice up our online play. This library would consist of not only addon aircraft, but the latest Weps Pack, and other useful and pleasing enhancements that have been offered here at CA.

The library would be decided on by popular vote by CA members who play online, on a mod per mod basis.

For starters, I'd like to promote the idea of a library for Strike Fighters, and call it something like "Sandstorm".

My first nominations for inclusion might be some things like all of the current Mirage Factory aircraft (universally liked), my own "formations" mod, and that great "Comm" mod.

Hi Sixgun and everyone else,

I agree with another poster here. Sandstorms bite! In more ways than one! As for everything else. . . duh, what!? :blink: {I'm a nuget, what we called a *NG in my day so, i'm lost with no map, compass, sun, or stars.}

Laters all,

Rick "WHOSIT" W.

How about the Cauldron? My wife offers the Steaming Pile? (she's nuts). I really think the Library has legs. I am not alone in attempting to figure out what mods are current and for what version of any particular aircraft. I also like the idea of popular scenarios as stand-alones (mentioned in this thread). In all cases I am for keeping our flying environment moving. New ideas are the meat!!