Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Okinawa (WW2) Terrain Upgrade

Okinawa (WW2) Terrain Upgrade

Okinawa Terrain Upgrade: For WW2 PTO mods

This mod is a relatively large upgrade to Edward's WW2 Okinawa terrain. What I've done is add several new targets and target areas, and replaced several airfields with a newly repainted "desert airfiled 1", which is now a medium dirt runway. You'll also have a new "Runway7", which is a partly-paved version of Airfield6, thereby creating a NEW airfield. The 'new' target areas are enhancements of already existing ones -- I've just added some more things here and there to make it look a little more populated. There are a couple of new parked planes, based of existing ones, hex-edited and reskinned for their proper users.

This is a very 'target rich' environment -- there are plenty of items for strike and anti-shipping missions. It is also fairly well defended - so watch out for the flak.

It has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE, using their cats pointed to in the main ini. As the new objects will be residing directly in the terrain folder, you should have no problems. (see the CombatAce Knowledge Base for the tutorial on using the cat pointer line)

You MUST have ALL the Pacific Objects (ground units, ships, AAA, infantry, etc) already installed in you PTO version of the game; otherwise things won't be appearing. This is especially important for the ships -- make sure you have the barges (get both, they're needed in the GO folder), the Liberty ship, and all warships, both Allied and Japanese. Don't forget to check Geo's page for more WW2 goodies ... there's a lot of stuff that's usable (and used!) here as well.

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST, WW2 NATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WW2 FORMATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

== MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK FOR THE WW2 WEAPONS!! ==

It should be noted, that the main, original Okinawa terrain is NOT here at CombatAce, but is available at AvSim. I'm working on trying to get permission to upload the original here.

Follow these instructions herein =EXACTLY= and you should have no problems.

In other words, read the enclosed 'readme.txt'. Also, I'd suggest a perusal of the General Notes and Comments section, too.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

ps: the screenie above is just a nice, generic shot; nothing special!

i would like to use your upgrade but where can i find the original okinawa terrain ? :dntknw:

I don't know the exact link but Spakomatic got his over at AvSim. Registration is requried for d/loads.

If you can't find it, let me know. I'll see what I can do...

Wrench

Kevin Stein

i would like to use your upgrade but where can i find the original okinawa terrain ? :dntknw:

I would send it to you, but it is like 30Mb...well worth it though

go to avsim, look for this:

Category: Combat Flight Simulators - Strike Fighters: Project 1

WWII Okinawa Terrain ZipDive! Download

File Description:

This is a complete WWII Okinawa/Southern Japan 1945 Terrain with accurate Target placements for Strike Fighters Project 1. You will need the Pacific Objects download to fully use this terrain.

Filename: okinawa.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 30th September 2005

Downloads: 149

Author: Edward Eisler

Size: 30941kb

Category: Strike Fighters: Project 1 - Mods, Utilities and Patches

WWII Pacific Objects ZipDive! Download

File Description:

WWII Pacific Allied and Japanese Ships and Ground Units for use with the WWII Pacific Burma, China, New Guinea, Solomons, Phillipines, Okinawa, and Darwin/Timor Terrains

Filename: pacific_objects.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 30th September 2005

Downloads: 638

Author: Edward Eisler

Size: 8667kb

Thanks Sparky!!! :ok:

Wrench

kevin stein