Sign in to follow this  
vampirella

Korean Air War Complete Mod in WoV?

You got that right...

Think I caught a glimpse of the sun today out my window today.

Mind you, no poisionous snakes here...tends to even things out a bit !

Rattlersnakes in Arizona are overrated. I've been here 25 years and only seen six or seven, and I've been around the desert and mountains. Scorpions, that's another issue.

hm... okay, there is a reference to airfield_.lods in the TYPES.ini, but no airfield_.lod file in the folder (which is in the correct place)

the folder contains several bmp files though that are graphics for runways.

but in other terrains i have (Deutschalnd, Israel... fx) there is also no airfield_.lod but the airfields show up there...

Edited by vampirella

The airfieldx.lod files are hidden away in the .cat files - (they can be extracted but its not required)

Was trying to see if it was tring to reference a custom runway model file you didnt have.

So you are using this in WOV? you say you have multiple terrains - is this in a single install of WOV?

and have you installed more then one full campaign into a single install? (reason being if you install another campaign over the top of another then it will probably over write files needed for other things )

Can you give me a link to where you got this terrain from.

The airfieldx.lod files are hidden away in the .cat files - (they can be extracted but its not required)

Was trying to see if it was tring to reference a custom runway model file you didnt have.

So you are using this in WOV? you say you have multiple terrains - is this in a single install of WOV?

and have you installed more then one full campaign into a single install? (reason being if you install another campaign over the top of another then it will probably over write files needed for other things )

Can you give me a link to where you got this terrain from.

That's correct. I have KAW installed in a seperate WOV installation.

I have WOV, yes. And yes, i do have a separate install for each mod. On this install there is only the Korean mod.

No other terrain either (VietnamSEA is there as it is stock...) i have a separate install for the middle east and another for vietnam and one for the german/European theatre.

so what can be the twist to that? which cat file would I have to look into (and what tool do I need) to see if the lods are missing. but since I downloaded the whole thing "as is" from this site I assume there shouldn't be any problem?

There is a SFPE1 cat file extractor that can be used on cat files in the downloads section here.

However files in cat files cant actually be removed from them afaik - so you dont really need to check because they will

be there. (they would be in <terrain>.cat) - so look in the stock terrain folder for it.

Any ideas who created this Korrain Mod? or where you got it from so it could be looked at?

Did you follow JSF Aggies' install for third party terrains?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12230

The airfield lod's are in the VietnamSEA.cat file. Did you enter the location of the VietnamSEA cat file in the Korea.ini file? Here's my example location shown below. Or, I believe you can make a copy of the VietnamSEA.cat and put it into your Korea terrain directory, but that uses up more space on your HD.

CatFile=C:\Program Files\Third Wire\Wings Over Vietnam\Terrain\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

That was it!

Thanks so much guys! you give great assistance here - constant learning curve:)

actulaly all i had to add was:

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

so not the complete path is nescessary.