Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bounder

CAN this be done?

Guest Bounder

AS we all know if you fly through the debris of a downed AC you will take damage if hit,can the be recreated in this game?

If you hit the body of the downed aircraft you take damage. I dont know about any of the fying debris around it

Guest Bounder
If you hit the body of the downed aircraft you take damage. I dont know about any of the fying debris around it

only a few times

wondered if there is a way to have debris to into rounds

MAYBE, but pure speculation and untested myself -changing some variables or whole parts in aircraftobject.ini?

There are entries such as debris, shrapnel etc...

Anyway, doing such would be nice addition

(survived multiple point blank enemy aircraft explosions)

MAYBE, but pure speculation and untested myself -changing some variables or whole parts in aircraftobject.ini?

There are entries such as debris, shrapnel etc...

Anyway, doing such would be nice addition

(survived multiple point blank enemy aircraft explosions)

No its not possible, you want the long explantion? Bottom line the debris is only effects, you would have to make solid debris and apply it to every plane as a damage effect and even then all the debris would have to assigned a damage value. So basically you can redo a lot of aircraft damage effects (that mean each plane would have to be re done), or you can get into 3d max, make a destroyed aircraft model that would show up after any plane is destroyed. (you have to figure out how to replace a model with a model in game without it hiccuping) In that, it would have to be able to fall from the sky therefore it would need a flight model. Also you have to think of the huge impact on a computer's performance. Because the model would not disappear it wold be there long after it has hit the ground.

Ok, so to make long thing short -an event of plan explosion, in terms of flight simulation "logic", does not have any "shrapnel" of some kind bound to it, right?

Like the flak explosion "simulation logic", that seems to have that "shrapnels" or in other words damage factor on near objects/aircrafts?

I'm no way weaponspacks wise at all.

I was thinking about the possibility of linking such "flak effect logic" to an aircraft explosion event.

EDIT:

In my first post I was reffering to shrapnelobject.ini and debrisobject.ini, but it's long time since I was even looking at them

Guest Bounder
Ok, so to make long thing short -an event of plan explosion, in terms of flight simulation "logic", does not have any "shrapnel" of some kind bound to it, right?

Like the flak explosion "simulation logic", that seems to have that "shrapnels" or in other words damage factor on near objects/aircrafts?

I'm no way weaponspacks wise at all.

I was thinking about the possibility of linking such "flak effect logic" to an aircraft explosion event.

this is what i was wondering to,well Ill check it out I read where the helo effects where once thought impossible to :) Oh well I got time, prepare for crash to desk top lol