With all the LOMAC screenshots, videos, and war stories I thought it might be time to go in another direction and get back to the roots of why we play sims. I play sims to place myself in the shoes of real world fighter/attack pilot and try to get a small taste of what it’s like to fly these powerful aircraft. I’ve taken 7 minutes of video from a USAF video, produced each year, called Firepower or Capstone and converted it to Windows Media Player so you guys can view it.

This footage is taken from the 2000 Capstone and centers on the A-10 (of course) performing as FAC and CAS. It includes cockpit footage, radio coms, and external clips, which you may have seen but, they were incorporated into music videos or mixed with LOMAC clips. This is the footage as it should been seen and shows how the A-10 performs it FAC and CAS mission in a way I feel will really get your blood boiling!

There’s one A-10, call-sign Rifle, who is acting as FAC, a flight of three A-10s performing in the CAS role, call-sign Hog, and two F-16Cs, call-sign Snake, loaded with two 2,000 pounders who will be called-in to support the mission.

Lets take to the skies and follow Rifle as he calls-in strikes, marks targets, and de-conflicts the aircraft in the target area….lets do some Warthogin”!

12.1meg

http://www.warthogpen.com/bs/firepower.WMV

Much more detailed than the Metallica vid.

Two thumbs up :thumbup: ... fine holliday fun :lol: