Sign in to follow this  
Psychobabble

Which Videocard should I get for LOMAC?

I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before, I'm new to this forum.

I'm building a new computer with the sole purpose of being able to play LOMAC when it comes out. It will be a Pentium 4 3.0GHz if I can afford it, or a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz if I run out of cash. I was wondering if someone who has the beta version (or Carl) could tell me if I should get a Radeon card (ATI 9800 or Sapphire 9600) or a NVIDIA card to play this, in terms of what would work best with the least amount of bugs to work out. I'm not that knowledgable about computers, I have my brother fix it for me.

Well, I have an NVIDIA GeForce III 64mb, and it runs all the high end games at full settings with great frame rates (except for some RTS games, cause they have too much crap going on), but if you can get a GeForce 4 128mb then that would be the one to get; in my humble opinion.

Right now the best bang for your buck in the 150-200 range is the Radeon 9600 Pro. If money is not an object, the 9800 Pro is the best right now. The Radeon cards seem to have a better quality image as well as better AA capabilities. Just MHO...

Snapple,

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on a 128mb card either way. I just want a card that I won't have to tweak too much to get the game to run. Maybe my experience with getting Falcon 4.0 to work has been giving me flashbacks, but I know that game was full of bugs. I just want the game to run without having to wait for someone to come over and fix it for hours before I can play it. The anticipation of playing this game since the cancellation of Jane's A10 and the first announcement of LOMAC having the A10 is killing me, it seems to be dragging forever. I just want to fly :D

Well MJ's opinion has a big one up on mine... lucky bastard has a preview.

Jeff you have no idea how jealous I am.

Thanks, MadJeff.

Great site, BTW. I've been monitoring it since SFP1 came out and I check it every time I'm on the net. Keep up the great work!