Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Flew first successful IFR with FS9

Well, after much frustration and consternation, I flew two successful hops, via IFR in a EA-6B.

Flew from SEATAC to NAS Whidbey Island. A very short flight, but wanted to try my hand at IFR. FS9 works really neat, what with ATC directions and all.

I had never tried IFR, but I found it to be fairly simple. One thing I haven't figured out, though, is how to use the "altitude hold". I assigned it to one of my throttle buttons, but it doesn't work.

Navychief

way to go Chief...I'm still working on figuring this out.and the ATC I'm working on...will send you an e-mail and maybe we can work it out in some MP flights.I'm really getting hooked on this sim...check for SF news and read foeums here..then fly some CoF. :D

Did ya shoot an IFR approach at Minimums? :shock: Nothing like breaking out at DH and being lined up for a flawless landing 8)

Cheers

Beer

Damn Shep, that is one dead-on shot... :D

Ya, it's tough flying it down that low in that poor of weather...

the lights on the runway are from the 2 trucks with big spot lights on them lighting it up. The fog was too thick for my landing lights to light up anything until I was about 10 feet off the runway.

Lock On is an awesome IFR sim!

Cheers

Hey Beer

Well, I chose to fly my IFR flight in clear, sunny weather, just to see how it works. Next time, I plan to set the weather at thunderstorms....and see how I do.

Navychief