Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Houston I have a problem

Ok here the set up i just had my harddrive redone and was reinstalling WoV... got it installed and tried to run it it said that there was and error in missileobject.dll....can anyone help plz!!!!

You need another version of Direct X - see the knowledge base.

Or you have installed new weapons with the wrong weapons editor.

Hmmmm....Its been a while but IIRC that error message usually results from a mismatch between patches and the weapons pack? I always patch up then install the latest weapons pack as the last step.

i'll look into a newer version of directx but this was on a fresh install no patches or weapons packs and i checked the knowledge base

Edited by Caveman

i'll look into a newer version of directx but this was on a fresh install no patches or weapons packs and i checked the knowledge base

Is there a reason for not adding any patches? raises the question if WOV actually works in its distributed form.

Suggest you install the patches - assumed you had

raises the question if WOV actually works in its distributed form.

mine did,.....untill I ran across Combat Ace. It's never been the same since :biggrin: . Why would TK distribute something that didn't work? :dntknw:

Edited by drdoyo

i first had problems after i reinstalled with patches and weps pack and a coupla modded A-4's and the F-22a then tried a fresh install to see if it was the mods and or AC......same error msg..... i'll recheck the disk to see if its in really shape

ok i have found and DL'd a newer version of Direckx9c and still get the error.........the cd is scratched but not too bad......should i try the patches and weps pack in hopes that it will have a fix?

Edited by Caveman

mine did,.....untill I ran across Combat Ace. It's never been the same since :biggrin: . Why would TK distribute something that didn't work? :dntknw:

Windows itself has been updated a lot since WOV came out initially - so it would have worked back then - but have never tested an unpatched version since.

ok i have found and DL'd a newer version of Direckx9c and still get the error.........the cd is scratched but not too bad......should i try the patches and weps pack in hopes that it will have a fix?

Reinstall the Service pack and patch only (in the correct order) then try it.

oh YAY it worked it worked ty ty ty!!!! i started with sp4 and installed everything after that and it works!!!! blessed be CoolHand29 for thou art good