Sign in to follow this  
LloydNB

MiG-15 & 6 Day War?

I'm working through Wings over Israel and adding cockpits to all the Arab aircraft. I thought I would add some of the missing 1967 aircraft while I was at it.

Does anyone know whether the MiG-15s used by Egypt in 1967 still had their wing stripes? I noticed that the MiG-17s by TK do.

Other aircraft that can be added on the Arab side for the 6 Day Way are the C-47 (the EAF still operated some in 11 Transport squadron) and the Vemon (6 Squadron, Iraqi AF).

LloydNB

Well Lloyd I looked at all my resources and I can't seem to confirm what they looks liked post 1956. However in my Osprey book some of the 17's are in camo. So I am thinking for 1967 camo would be more correct. Just my opinion though.

It seems that nearly all Soviet aircraft used in 1967 were in their original bare metal. The exception were some MiG-19s used by Syria. Camo schemes were introduced after the Six Day War.

I've decided that EAF MiG-15s, 17s and 19s should probably keep their wing and fuselage stripes. I have seen no evidence that the MiG-21F-13s had stripes but I'm happy for someone to prove me wrong.

On a slightly different topic - as anyone done an Iraqi Venom in camo?

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB