Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Making MD-450 Ouragon pit too-Pics needed

Does anyone out there have pictures of the MD-450 Ouragan cockpit that they can share with me? I am making the MD-450 Ouragan cockpit concurrently with the Super Mystere IV B2 and Mystere IVA cockpit's.

Thanks for any help.

Pitts2A

Richard

That gunsight looks reaaaallly close to the one in the WoE Hunter....

Possibly use the pit out of WoE??? (which really screws the po'folks that don't have it...forget I mentioned it)

What about Zur's Sabre pit?? Contemporanious (sp?) aircraft type, or the P-80 pit out of the Marut?

Wrench

kevin stein

the only one i found

Thanks Ravenclaw.

Please help me out people.

Possibly use the pit out of WoE??? (which really screws the po'folks that don't have it...forget I mentioned it)

What about Zur's Sabre pit?? Contemporanious (sp?) aircraft type, or the P-80 pit out of the Marut?

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench, thanks for the inputs, as always.

I also notice that in Ravenclaw's Ouragan pic, the front round A-4-like canopy struts and the round A-4- like instrument shield. Note too the same A-4 position of the attitude indicator above the magnetic compass compared to the Sabre's which is side by side I believe.

A second issue is that according to my photos, bsically the Ouragon, Mystere and Super Mystere were evolutionary from each other and not revolutionary...they basically followed the same cockpit format.

However, they did do a redesign on the Super Mystere-a more sqarish instrument hood. The Super Mystere also moved the radios from the front panel between the pilot's legs to the right side of the cockpit.

The photos I have also show a defintite mish mash even between the same models of cockpit details..maybe as refits were done. All three models had black instrument panels and black attitude indicators (at least in my pics).

It would also personally bother me to fly the Sabre with the Sabre cockpit and then fly the Ouragan with the same Sabre cockpit as they fought in at least one war together (India Pakistan).

I too flew the Ouragan with the Sabre cockpit...and it's great! It has the real "seat of the pants" early jet feel. I personally removed lots of placards, buttons and switches from the Sabre pit to make it look more like an "Ouragan." For me with a former pilot's background, it still bugged me.

Hmmm, why not? I might release a second alternative Ouragan cockpit out of the Sabre cockpit and get it public if I get permission...all I have to do is find it and clean it up a bit. It seems like there is a lot of interest in that beautiful cockpit.

But knowing my being a rivet counter, I probably won't be satisfied until I spend a lot more time on it to make it ready for the public..!

Wrench

kevin stein

G R O A N. I think you are right Wrench. The Zur Sabre cockpit is closer to the B2 Super Mystere in both square shape and horizontal instrument layout than the A-4's. But the earlier round Mystere and Ouragon cockpits with their vertical attitude indicator over radio compass are closer to the A-4 in both verrical layout and round shape. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll rework all this.

Oh boy, is this going to set me back some time...but you are right. This will probably mean two to three weeks to two months extra time to finish it...but it will be worth it in the long run. :good:

At least, I have worked out the instrument layouts and have completed lots of Mystere-Super Mystere-Ouragan specific items.

I ordered four Ouragan-specific publications from Amazon and Ebay...hopefully some will have the pesky missing panel-between-the-pilot's legs and the right part of the instrument panel. I've got to figure out where they stuck those Ouragan radios. The Mystere at least also seems to have a neat horizontal ammo counter.

Thanks again for the insights.