Sign in to follow this  

If this has been covered before, sorry. I searched on it and found nothing.

I ran "WOI" for a week or so, and suddenly, for no apparent reason, the top, say, five percent of the screen is cut off and is along the bottom five percent. I've fiddled with the graphics settings, the resolution, the cockpit view width, and no joy.

Thanks all

I have never heard of this situation before.

What kind of video card are you using? Are there anomalies in other graphics intensive applications?

I hate to answer your questions with questions, but this is an oddity, so thye must be asked...

NVidia GE force 7600 card. I have plenty of horsepower, so it's not a speed problem. It seems to have something to do with formatting the game to the screen; there is a "Shift" when it goes from the mission planning menu to the game, for example.

Thanks

It's more like 2 percent, of the top of the sceen swapping ends with the bottom

Can you do a quick diagnostic on your video card?Do you have this problem with any other games?When in doubt "backup and rienstall"

All other games work fine. Definitely not a graphics card matter. I customized the commands, so I want to wait awhile before I unintall.

Thanks

Do a backtrack what was the last file you modified? Anytime you start adding or subtracting from game files make sure you can backtrack to the last file you modded before you had your problem.

Speaking of graphics issues, I've had this one for a while.

WoE, WoI, even 1st Eagles with my 8800 GTS. I actually went with a beta driver yesterday, to see if it would help.

gallery_310_81_42516.jpg

When I look at the map, it is fine. As soon as I move a waypoint, or zoom in, blech!

I think I saw one other person post a pic that looked similar, but I could find no cure when doing a search for "map" or "planning.

Any ideas on a tweak in an INI or with my nVidia software?

If this has been covered before, sorry. I searched on it and found nothing.

I ran "WOI" for a week or so, and suddenly, for no apparent reason, the top, say, five percent of the screen is cut off and is along the bottom five percent. I've fiddled with the graphics settings, the resolution, the cockpit view width, and no joy.

Thanks all

I get something like this with all games in the SF series, only my screen 'Goes Large' in that it fills more of the screen than it should, eg you can only see the end of your callsign in the bottom-left box etc.

It's got something to do with the screen refresh rate and the size of the window in your monitor. I have to use the On-Screen Display menu to re-size the window so that it fits properly again.

I don't know why it does this. For me it happens about 1 time in 3. I've tried using the NVidia driver settings to specify the refresh rate at the selected screen size but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

So I just live with it and use the OSD to re-size and the do it back again afterwards. P-I-T-A but what the heck.

Guest Bounder

your vid card is not over clocked is it? If it is back down the over clocking ,or remove it completely. I got little black checker boards in the game one time due to over clocking a Nvidia 8800 once

Edited by Bounder

Guest capun
Speaking of graphics issues, I've had this one for a while.

WoE, WoI, even 1st Eagles with my 8800 GTS. I actually went with a beta driver yesterday, to see if it would help.

When I look at the map, it is fine. As soon as I move a waypoint, or zoom in, blech!

I think I saw one other person post a pic that looked similar, but I could find no cure when doing a search for "map" or "planning.

Any ideas on a tweak in an INI or with my nVidia software?

Problem has been reported to TK and he is aware of the problem, it only seems to happen with the nVidia 8xxx Series, a 7600 works fine.

All reports so far are with the 8800 GTS (same as mine) but I suspect the problem is with the whole 8xxx series.

Problem has been reported to TK and he is aware of the problem, it only seems to happen with the nVidia 8xxx Series, a 7600 works fine.

All reports so far are with the 8800 GTS (same as mine) but I suspect the problem is with the whole 8xxx series.

I have that problem with a 8800GT, so you're probably right that is with the whole 8xxx series.

Thanks all,

It does seem related to the screen size, and refresh rate. I ran "Wings over Vietnam," and somehow it changed the graphics settings for "WOI." I tried several graphics resolutions and finally found 1280x800 fixed the problem. Pain in the...

Thanks again.

I have that problem with a 8800GT, so you're probably right that is with the whole 8xxx series.
I have no such problems with my 8500 gt 512mb.

Well, that narrows it down nicely, if the 85's are OK.

I don't reckon I will fiddle with anything more than, just hope a fix is forthcoming.

Heck, I've lived with it since WoE, so I can soldier on for a while longer, I s'pose, as it does not effect in flight at all...

Well, that narrows it down nicely, if the 85's are OK.

I don't reckon I will fiddle with anything more than, just hope a fix is forthcoming.

Heck, I've lived with it since WoE, so I can soldier on for a while longer, I s'pose, as it does not effect in flight at all...

Everything fine on my old machine, but my new box, with an 8800GT does display the same problem with the planning maps, and it also does the same thing in the loading screens whenever you change a default loadout, or switch from the player a/c to number2, 3, etc. As reported - it's shown up on the Thridwire boards... In the meantime, heck, who needs a map. I just follow the waypoints until everybody else is shooting up stuff!

SB