Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Issues with ending missions in WOE on Windows Vista

Hi Everyone...

I've recently upgraded my system to Windows Vista ... WOE plays well with awesome photo-realistic graphics.... but there's a bit of a new problem: After completing a mission when i use the 'End Mission' command the game exits to Windows instead of the Mission Debrief Screen...

Tried looking out for it in the Knowledge Base but I wasn't able to find anything related to this...

My system uses a Core2 Duo @ 2.2 GHz with 2 GB RAM, a 256 RealTek PCI-Express nVidiaGeForce 8600.... & my Vista came with DirextX 10...

Please help. Sorry for any trouble

Thanks...

Cheers!

Edited by Tomcat_ace

After a 3 second search of the Knowledge Base.... in the "running the basic sim" forum, sub-heading "FAQs and Issues"

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26451

Since Vista IS a major issuse.

Wrench

kevin stein

"The Knowledge Base is your friend ... get used to using it"

After a 3 second search of the Knowledge Base.... in the "running the basic sim" forum, sub-heading "FAQs and Issues"

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26451

Since Vista IS a major issuse.

Wrench

kevin stein

"The Knowledge Base is your friend ... get used to using it"

Thanks a lot for the link...Unfortunately I had overlooked it earlier.. Sorry about that... but there's just one last question I have:

Since the instructions say that the effect shaders ought to be de-activated; will this cause a reduction in the quality of graphics?

Thanks once again & Sorry for any trouble

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Hi,

Sorry If i'm annoying anyone but there's just one last & final question I have regarding this issue: Where can I get the CAT extractor from? when i try to open the GermanyCE.cat but i get an error message saying "This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Catalog"

Thanks & Sorry for any trouble

Edited by Tomcat_ace

You can get it here at CA in the utilities section of the 3rd Wiire download sections=.

You can get it here at CA in the utilities section of the 3rd Wiire download sections=.

Got it.. Thanks..icon1.gif