Sign in to follow this  
Longestpants

Happy Easter!

On this day ~2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ was resurrected on the third day following his crucifixion by Rome. To Christians, this event symbolizes, among other things, sacrifice for our sins.

But you don't have to take my word for it! :biggrin:

Link

BIGGUS DICKUS!

No, I could not resist...

Edited by tigertompa

Oi now ya got me started!

still waiting for someone to explain to me how a giant rabbit hiding candy-filled eggs whilst carrying a funny basket symbolizes the crucifixion of the Messiah

Oh, and the tree covered in lights in my living room equating his birth

last year there was a ruckus from people on base not wanting a santa claus at the "holiday party" due to and I quote "Christian overtones"...you have to be kidding me...I have only read the Bible 7 times cover to cover but still missed that part about the 8 tiny reindeer...

Oh, and the tree covered in lights in my living room equating his birth

From what I can remember my history teacher telling me last year in 8th grade, it was some Germanic custom and that some member of the British Royalty liked the idea of a pine tree in there house and something about Hessian soldiers putting decorating a tree during the American Revolution and thats all I can remember in this run on sentence.

Any festival that involves chocolate is ok by me :biggrin:

Any festival that involces chocolate is ok by me :biggrin:

Oh, please dont mistake me, any holiday has potential, especially when time off is involved!

And a special shout out to those who have to work this day. Troops, Police, Firemen and the poor IT guys like me and my team who have to work around the rest of the world's schedule.

Alleluia!

Happy Easter my good friends. :good:

have fun.

Always intrigued me that easter bunny thing. :pope:

BIGGUS DICKUS!

No, I could not resist...

KINDLY DO NOT SPAM HERE AT CA!!!!!

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law." - Combat Ace Forum Rule no.3