Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Question from a new comer

I learnt from YouTube some very impressive visuals of WoV and WoE. The followings are what I have watched.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uMy0wwWNQoM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-n6nVYsZQ

Just have a couple of questions before I go buying the games.  

(1)I have a Raedon X1950Pro 512MB(AGP version) video card which is running the Catalyst driver. Would that be compatible with the game or a nVidia card is much better?

(2)Does every flyable aircraft in the game has its own flight model and cockpits?

(3)Is there a Mission Editor for user-edited missions?

(4)Can ground object move or they are just static objects for ground bombing missions?

(5)In the 1st video the Harrier was climbing to its take-off altitude. I noticed that its vector thrust nozzle discharging fumes of hot air presumably. Is the vector thrust nozzle a moving part of the 3D model of the Harrier in the game? (I really love it and am impressed!)

(6)The 2nd video showed a F15 dogfighting with a MiG-23. I have noticed that the F-15 airframe appeared to be shaking when it was doing a hard break right and its airspeed dropped down to 154     knots. Does the game simulate air turbulance?

many thanks for your reply

I have a Raedon X1950Pro 512MB(AGP version) video card which is running the Catalyst driver. Would that be compatible with the game or a nVidia card is much better.

Both cards are fine. I have less issues with nvidia though when it comes to shadows.

Does every flyable aircraft in the game has its own flight model and cockpits?

In the stock sim, yes they do.

Is there a Mission Editor for user-edited missions?

There is a couple 3rd party ones availble here at Combatace.

Can ground object move or they are just static objects for ground bombing missions?

There is both. Tanks moves, AAA moves. Lots of stuff to bomb.

In the 1st video the Harrier was climbing to its take-off altitude. I noticed that its vector thrust nozzle discharging fumes of hot air presumably. Is the vector thrust nozzle a moving part of the 3D model of the Harrier in the game? (I really love it and am impressed!)

Yes

The 2nd video showed a F15 dogfighting with a MiG-23. I have noticed that the F-15 airframe appeared to be shaking when it was doing a hard break right and its airspeed dropped down to 154 knots. Does the game simulate air turbulance?

Spins are modeled and so is stalling.

I hope this answers your questions.

I learnt from YouTube some very impressive visuals of WoV and WoE. The followings are what I have watched.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uMy0wwWNQoM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-n6nVYsZQ

Just have a couple of questions before I go buying the games.

(1)I have a Raedon X1950Pro 512MB(AGP version) video card which is running the Catalyst driver. Would that be compatible with the game or a nVidia card is much better?

(2)Does every flyable aircraft in the game has its own flight model and cockpits?

(3)Is there a Mission Editor for user-edited missions?

(4)Can ground object move or they are just static objects for ground bombing missions?

(5)In the 1st video the Harrier was climbing to its take-off altitude. I noticed that its vector thrust nozzle discharging fumes of hot air presumably. Is the vector thrust nozzle a moving part of the 3D model of the Harrier in the game? (I really love it and am impressed!)

(6)The 2nd video showed a F15 dogfighting with a MiG-23. I have noticed that the F-15 airframe appeared to be shaking when it was doing a hard break right and its airspeed dropped down to 154 knots. Does the game simulate air turbulance?

many thanks for your reply

Hi There and Welcome,

I'll try to answer what i can...

1) Not sure, but i am running WOV/WOE/FE on an Intel 950 GMA onboard graphics chip and the games run pretty smooth.

2) Yes and they are easily editable to suit your own version of reality. If you think something is a little off its as easy as editing a .txt file to make changes.

3) Yes, there are a couple in the downloads section but i usually let the single mission option generate random missions.

4) Yes, On CAS or Armed Recon missions you will encounter moving units.

5) Yes, IMHO The thirdwire sims have some of the most detailed stock and user created models this side of lockon.

6) I think what you are seeing is near stall performance, the cockpit view will shake considerably as you approach stall.

If i am wrong on anything here i am sure someone will correct me, but i believe these are truthful answers. Im sure some of the other pilots here will also add some input. I think you will find this to be a great community and always willing to help point you in the right direction for any questions you have.

Also we have tons of addons available in the downloads section, this is the real stong point of Thirdwire sims. The stock games are kinda limited but with everything the community has done you can really make a amazing simulator that will have anything from WWI kites to Raptors and fictional aircraft that are available in no other sim.

WOI is the latest game, but IMO you really cant go wrong with any of the Thirdwire sims.

My thanks are beyond words!  Thank you for your quick reply, it helps me to make mydecision.

If I purchased WoE, do I still need to have WoV and SFP1, I suppose all the aircrafts in SFP1 and WoV are included in WoE is that correct?   

Also, is MiG-21 a flyable aircraft in the game and does it haveits own cockpit?

If I purchased WoE, do I still need to have WoV and SFP1, I suppose all the aircrafts in SFP1 and WoV are included in WoE is that correct?

Try this link.

http://www.column5.us/sfchart.htm

It will answer your questions.

Also, is MiG-21 a flyable aircraft in the game and does it have its own cockpit?

You can make the Mig-21 flyable but there is lots of 3rd party one here at CA with pits ready for download.

column5 is really informative, many thanks!

My friend who has the same rig as mine, PD945, Raedon X1950 Pro and 2GB DDR1 RAM. But he got some flaw graphics here->http://photoshack.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

column5 is really informative, many thanks!

My friend who has the same rig as mine, PD945, Raedon X1950 Pro and 2GB DDR1 RAM. But he got some flaw graphics here->

http://photoshack.com/displayimage.php?pid...&fullsize=1

Edited by Basher11