Sign in to follow this  
SJPhantom

Air Refueling in WOV

So I went and did it. Mig 21 was getting the best of me and I jettisoned my tanks. I know...never get into a turning fight with a Mig, but I did, and he buggered out. I didn't get him, but on the way home, I happened to notice (Situational Awareness) that I was extremely low on fuel.

As I flew on, I checked the manual, and asked Red Crown for help.....no siree, things are looking not so good. I took my trusty F4 and beat feet to the water whereupon I very nicely pulled my face curtain on my Martin Baker and ejected into the South China Sea.

Was there some sort of way that I could have gotten a KC-135 on station to give me some more go-go juice and make it RTB?

When I got aboard the Jolly Green I kept thinking that I should have taken that class the Wing Commander was giving on Fuel Management.

Yeah, I'm still a green rookie pilot, even at 45.

So if any of you know the coordinates to the flying Citgo's, lemme know, that way I can skip that class the Wing weinies are giving on how to save fuel.

No A2A refueling isn't modeled in the game. Some people are working on a way to do it though via 3rd party means.

But even then it will be a scripted mission with no ability to call in a tanker.

Was always wondering if there is a way to write up an ini that can use some kind of a "reverse" technique with the the fuel tank jetison and have it setup to attach to a refueler and then allowed to detach after all tanks read green.