Sign in to follow this  
lexicon

SYS on Lomac VS FS 2004

Fs 2004 does not look the way Lock on looks. Lock on is much better and fs2004 performs poorly on a 3200+ AMD with a Geforce FX 5600 256MB. So I was thinking that Fs 2004 it just not optimized like Lock on will be? How do you think Lock on will do on my system?

I dont know, maybe you can let me have your system when LOMAC comes out and I can have it for say a year or so :D

note: your system is way better than mine :cry:

I hear ya snapple, he can push more bits than me too... :(

fs2004 performs poorly on a 3200+ AMD with a Geforce FX 5600 256MB.

what the heck? I've only got a 1.7GHz P4, 256 RAM, and a 16MB vidcard, at it runs ok on my computer (certainly not at the highest settings, but good enough for me)... And you say it performs poorly? Wow.

There's gotta be a problem there. I'm running the following:

MSI K7T266Pro2-RU

Athlon 1800+ (Overclocked to +2100)

512Mb PC2100 RAM

ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128Meg w/Catalyst 3.6 drivers

DirectX 9.0b

80Gb Maxtor Drive

48x LiteOn CD-R drive

WinXP Pro SP1

CH Products ForceFX/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals HOTAS setup

TrackIR unit w/2.11 driver

I've got most of my settings pretty high, and 2K4 is running perfect here.

Yeah I think ol Lexicon there has some PC issues he needs to get figured out. I run FS2004 with just about everything on high and not only is it beautifull, but I average 30+fps.

Athlon 2400 (2ghz)

1gb DDR PC2700

Radeon 9700 Pro

You gotta be carefull making accusations about performance in general when there is a good chance its your own PC with the problem and not the software. In some cases it is the software, but in the case of FS2004 you dont see too many people complaining about performance.

BTW- Comparing the performance of something like FS2004 to a sim like Lomac which isn't even released yet is not very smart.

Guest Ranger332

2.3 gig

512ddr ram

5200 Gforce

DX 9.0b

XP

all settings on high and it runs like a bat----

check to see what program you have running in the backround

hit ctrl=alt=del and tell us what you show running?

yeah, on my 1.7 GHz 256 RAM 16Mb vid card, I've got most settings on high (even have scenery density on very high, clouds are the big fps hitter), and I'm still getting 15 fps or so in most cases. You should check that your computer is running right lexicon. Try a speed disk optimization.

Well It's my video card. It sucks because Nvidia sucks now for some reason. They need new management!!! Well I get 30 FPS on FS2004. On 1024x758/ 32bit. The clouds slow things down a lot. It just does not seem right but when I check my computers benchmark there is no indication of a problem. So I guess that I just have to buy the next top of the line video card when it comes out because I know that my CPU can send a lot of Vortex data I just need the right card for it I guess?

PS: All TRS's are shut off I am using Xp home. So I guess my idea of bad performance in Fs2004 is when it falls to 15FPS? The only thing that starts when my computer starts up is the desktop and thats it.

What Det drivers are you on? They just released a new version a week or so ago. Be sure you have the latest 4in1 drivers if your running a Via chipset.

What Det drivers are you on? They just released a new version a week or so ago. Be sure you have the latest 4in1 drivers if your running a Via chipset.

I have a Nforce 2 Mother .B with updated drivers on all my componets. I am not sure what the hell is going on?

Lexicon, I wish I knew what to tell ya, but your going to have to tinker with your PC to find out whats up. The one thing I hate about upgrading is dealing with performance glitches like the one you are having. Sorry I was a bit harsh, but good luck just the same

Guest Ranger332

http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_5200.html

this is the Gforce card Iam using and it runs fine

just took these with 3 web pages open

quickshot

and Fraps

all running at the same time. with game on high settings/max

tone down the lazing in your card

Guest Ranger332

same setup as prior but day with light storm and lighting

Guest Ranger332

here are the card settings maybe this will help

Guest Ranger332

here are the game settings

in zipp to ease the site usage

hope all this is of some help. :idea:

Ranger it looks like your cloud settings are set to symple textures. If I do that my Fps go to 60 to 80 FPS. But with out real looking clouds this game just is not the same. I guess there is nothing wrong with this computer. Unreal 2 and any other up to date game runs the way it should. :roll: But It still is just a little slower than maybe it should be. But thanks for the advice guys.

Guest Ranger332

check the settings zip they are on high

you must of misread the draw distance

check the settings zip they are on high

you must of misread the draw distance

Ya some thing must be worng here because I am getting 14 FPS on those settings. There is no AA or AS on. It jumps around from 40 to 14 when I take off. So I guess that there is some sort of bottle neck some where. Could it be my sound card thats built in my mother board. It's a nForce2 but I know some thing just is not right. My Geforce is a Jaton Geforce fx 5600 with 256 mb on it. My mother board is a biostar runing DDR266 memory on a 128 bit data path. All setting with my computer are set for the best performance. I just can't figure out why it's so dam slow on FS2004.

I suggest keeping the mipmap detail slider around 5 as its a big time FPS killer.

Guest Ranger332

Hummmmmmph well I have a soundblaster Live

but what are you showing if you hit ctrl=alt=del ? that will show what is running in the backround

I just reinstalled FS2004 and now it works fine. So it was some bug after all.