Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Rocket pod launch angles

I'm flying the T-6 Harvard equipped with UV-32 rocket pods. For some reason, on this aircraft, they fire downwards at a marked angle of some 10 degrees, although on other aircraft, they launch at 0 degrees. I have tried modifying the angle of the pylons (normally 0.0,0.0,0.0) to 0.0,10.0,0.0 and this changes the visual appearance of the pods/pylons, but not the launch angle. Funnily enough, changing the first co-ordinates to angle left or right does change the launch angle. When I use gunpods, they do more-or-less coincide with the gunsight.

You'll see what I mean from the screenies - on one you can clearly see the rocket leaving the pod at a very strange angle.

Any bright ideas, anyone?

Edited by ndicki

I think You can change the angle of the pylon in ...Data.ini file -maby this helps.... :dntknw:

I think You can change the angle of the pylon in ...Data.ini file -maby this helps.... :dntknw:

Already tried, as per the initial post - thanks anyway.

open the data.ini and add the line below in the flightcontrol section

RocketBoresightAngle=1.5___________________________( the value 1.5 is from my f-104g mod and probable wrong for your airplane )

[FlightControl]

StallSpeed=87.28

CruiseSpeed=244.36//188.09

ClimbSpeed=262.98

CornerSpeed=259.47

MaxG=7.33

MaxSpeedSL=500.0//386.06

MachLimit=2.20//2.00

PitchDamper=0.6

RollDamper=0.4

YawDamper=0.0

GunBoresightAngle=0

RocketBoresightAngle=1.5___________________________you have to add this line here and play with the value a bit

Thanks, Ravenclaw - that looks promising.

Bang on - it was set to -1.5, would you believe! Setting it to =1 does the job perfectly.

Thanks!