Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Update on "Armand"

Things have changed; hopefully for the better. The vet gave Armand an injection of Valium. The reaction to Valium in cats is drastically different from what it does to humans. In cats, it can sometimes cause a temporary craving for food.

That is exactly what took place.

Armand went through two cans of cat food in less than 3 minutes. I had never seen him eat like that. In fact, he just about bit the assistant's finger when he got it too close to Armand's bowl!

Right now, he is sleeping. I am hopeful that maybe, just maybe this is a turning point, and I can build his strength back up to fight off this illness.

Thank you so much for your support. It means the world to me. I will keep you all informed on how he is doing.

Thanks again,

Navychief

Guest SandViper

cool had to reread to know what you were talking about but thats very good news

:D

Cheers

Beer

Thats certainly good news chief. :D

Glad to hear that Chief, keep us posted on his progress, please :D :D !!!

Cheers....................................................................Jetson/Wally

Great news! Keep us posted please!

So Chief, how's he doing today? I've been waiting all day for some good news! ;)

Hey MJ, thanks for asking.

Well, this morning I was encouraged because Armand (with my help in supporting him) actually drank some water. It is the first time in over two weeks that I have seen him do so. I have had to give him beneath-skin injections of lactated ringers solution, twice daily, for the past couple of weeks.

And so, I was glad to see him drink a little. He also was more vocal than usual today. Siamese are known for being "talkative", but Armand has not been that way for quite some time.

I will feel much more at ease when I can get Armand back to his normal eating habits. For now, he mostly justs licks up the juice from the cat food I give him.

He slinks around, looking scared. Not at all the confident and playful Siamese cat that I love so much.

Armand is better, but still so very frail. I may take him back to the vet tomorrow afternoon for another Valium injection. Perhaps if his stomach can get used to having food in it, then he will respond favorably.

Again, thanks for asking, MJ.

I will post how he is doing more regulary.

Navychief

Chief

My wife is in the US Army vet services, I got her and a vet tech very interested in your case. Can you maybe call me over the Labor Day weekend, they may be able to provide some input for you.

email me at

davidslavensATclassicnetDOTnet

Armand is doing better, or so it seems. Last night, as I was getting ready to go to bed, he got up and was in the kitchen, crying at me.

That was unusual in itself, because he has been staying in his bed and I have had to pick him up and place him on a shelf to encourage him to at least try and eat. But last night, he ate some food out of three different bowls that my wife had placed on the kitchen counter for our other cats. Very unusual.

Then, as I was getting into bed, Armand jumped up. He has not done so for many weeks. In fact, last night when he jumped up, he almost fell because he is so weak.

I am giving him a good dose of nutrical every day. He is also given Baytril in the morning, and twice daily I give him a half tablet of Cyprohepatdine, to stimulate his appetite. Seems to be working a little.

Things are looking up for the little tyke. I am encouraged. I also thank everyone for your support. It really helps!

Navychief

Sounds great Chief! Sounds like he's on the road to a recovery. Hope everything continues to work out!