Hi-o!

I actually downloaded the terrain editor, in hopes I could use it to reference areas for creating connections to northern nodes, as per m other thread.

But it looks like the "new" edition I have only does WoV and WoE.

I wandered by Thirdwire, but they are currently down for an upgrade, IIRC.

Anyone else have this file? It doesn't look to be in any CAt file that I can see...

Citylist and Texturelist are not in the *.CAT files, I guess we need to aks TK dor it...

Ask TK or do it youself. But the later option is a very boring job.

They're easy enough to create ... and brother, don't I know it!!! Having had to do it for the last 5 map tweeks I've released

1) open targets.ini

2) open a blank notepad sheep (or sheet)

3) beginning with TargetArea001, begin listing the 'cities' - which includes any and every target area listed, in the format below:

[City001]

Name=Tripoli

TextureType=4

Randomness=0

PositionX=312.000000

PositionY=571.000000

Width=15.000000

Height=10.000000

HasAirfield=TRUE

[City002]

Name=Zuwarah

TextureType=4

Randomness=0

PositionX=240.000000

PositionY=577.000000

Width=5.000000

Height=6.000000

HasAirfield=FALSE

[City003]

Name=Az Aziziyah

TextureType=4

Randomness=0

PositionX=304.000000

PositionY=562.000000

Width=5.000000

Height=5.000000

HasAirfield=FALSE

(this is, obviously, from the Libya map)

You'll note the numbers aren't exactly the same. The only thing seemingly needed by the TE is the first 3 digits of the target area coordinates.

[TargetArea001]

Name=Tripoli

Position=312000.000000,571000.000000 <---

Radius=18027.755859

ActiveYear=0

Location=2

Alignment=ENEMY

Width and Height I'm still not sure of; I'm assuming (!!!) that it more or less relate to airfields; assuming the 'standard' N/S orientation, Width is e/w and height is n/s -- I may be wrong on that, but I usually get them pretty close. Most usefull for flattening for runways. Mostly, using a 'rectangular' shape, as below. Although, there have been some exceptions, but that has no bearing here.

[City036]

Name=Surt Airport

TextureType=16

Randomness=0

PositionX=537.000000

PositionY=461.000000

Width=5.000000

Height=6.000000

HasAirfield=TRUE

no idea what texture type 16 is -- and as I"m not retileing, it seems to make no difference. In relation of airfeild flattening, that is.

I'm assuming (!!!!) the texturelist.ini could be done the same way, using the IsraelME_Data.ini as the base, listing all the terraintiles, including the tgas, as show in there.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the insight gents, this looks like it will take some extensive mumbling.

Even though I have the week off, I don't know if I'll find the time. It amazes me how the honey-do list seems to have quadrupled over night... :dntknw:

Guest pfunkmusik
Thanks for the insight gents, this looks like it will take some extensive mumbling.

Even though I have the week off, I don't know if I'll find the time. It amazes me how the honey-do list seems to have quadrupled over night... :dntknw:

And it will get longer.

I'm fussing with the Greek Peninsula right now and I've discovered that the textures are so close together, I'm going to have to hand-tile a lot of it if I want it to look right.

I'm about to toss my hands up.

pfunk