Sign in to follow this  
guitarclassic55

Richthofen's Skies

Richthofen's Skies - I ran across it today for the first time. Does anyone have any experience with it? Just curious, wondering if it's worth the download/installation/etc.

Thanks

Thought for a second you were asking about the old avalon hill board game. Used to play that a lot. Great fun. Couldnt tell you about any pc game though sorry...

Well, I don't know anything about Richtofen's-skies, but check the dev team list for Target: Rabaul. The game was in it's infantcy when I last had a hand in it in 2003 before I came south to fly for real. Back then it was beta0.44 and only TR, Korea and Flanders was just starting. The engine had lots of promise! It is a massive online sim designed to run about 250 players max at a time. I don't know if they've ever seen anywhere near those numbers, but a fun time anytime numbers are online....espcially if they've gotten the scenarios working.

cheers

I remember torque is a killer there. After several minutes of keeping Dr.I going straing and level my arm could fall off.

Thanks for the info. Some of the pics in their gallery look pretty cool, especially the eindecker with the torn canvas.

Is possible to play offline missions with AI planes ??

Not to my knowledge, I think you can only practice offline. Though maybe things have changed by now, I haven't flown in the RS arena in a LONG time. I seemed to spend a lot of time flying alone there.

Nothing has changed. TW basically hasn't any AI, except for AAA.

BTW. RS DevTeam announced, that they servers will unfortunatelly go offline for some time. More here: http://www.targetware.net/modules.php?op=m...pic&t=15302

But there's good news too :yes: There will be another update for Richthofen's Skies. More here: http://www.targetware.net/modules.php?op=m...pic&t=15174

Edited by RoGaLMiG29