Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Aviation Quiz - game thread

My bad, the A-12 was the CIA's OXCART, the YF-12 was an interceptor version for the Air Force of which all of three were made, and then the SR-71 evolved from that.

As for A-11 that may have been due to Lyndon Johnson misreading All Weather Interceptor as A11 Weather Interceptor. The A-12 designator was originally used as A stood for Article or Archangel (the follow up to the Angel program that produced the U-2) and 12 merely indicated it was the 12th design they'd come up with in that program. Being the CIA they could call it whatever they wanted I imagine.

no one for the pony question?

O.o

Bolivia few it?

Edited by Silverbolt

Not too sure about the Pony thing

anyway...

Which prototype of a pretty famous fighter plane used a Rolls-Royce Kestrel VI (695hp) engine?

Edited by MigBuster

Which prototype of a pretty famous fighter plane used a Rolls-Royce Kestrel VI (695hp) engine?

Would that be the Bf 109?

Would that be the Bf 109?

well you have to put some easy ones in I guess!

yes - it is the Messerschmitt BF109 V1 in 1935 - well done :biggrin:

ah the Irony!

The 109 has always been one of my favorite WWII fighters, for its time it was very advanced.

Ok Now, another easy one,

The Bf 109T was originaly planned for use on a german aircraft carrier, but the carrier was never completed and instead it ended up serving where?

Think I know the name - similar to a band among other things - will let someone else answer though

Soviet Union?

No, But i will add that there are 2 correct answers to this question.

On a Heliholand island 11./JG 11 -> 8./JG 4 in "Reich" Luftflotte, after suumer 1944 -> IV/JG 5 west 5-Lufflotte to end 1944.

On a Heliholand island 11./JG 11 -> 8./JG 4 in "Reich" Luftflotte, after suumer 1944 -> IV/JG 5 west 5-Lufflotte to end 1944.

Correct! I was looking for Norway or Heligoland, didnt JG77 also operate the 109T?

Correct! I was looking for Norway or Heligoland, didnt JG77 also operate the 109T?

yes in start service II/JG 186 -> III/JG 77 in france -> Marita Operation, Bf-109T-2 -> I/JG 77, Tronheim, then rename to I/JG 5 and move to Herdla island, then to Heliholand.