Sign in to follow this  

Turn to engage.

Wingman made the call,I broke toward the bandit and I knew it just about all over. There was an Archer streaking toward me, fire and smoke plume filling my HUD with every passing nano-second..

(Things from the enemy's point of view).

Of course he missed, and so I had to do him the honour of killing him.We began our little duet called the circle of death..

Abruptly he disengaged, and the kill was too easy..

Far too easy. From angels unknown vengeance plummeted down upon me like a peregrine falcon. Indecision, a pilots greatest enemy clouded my mind. It wasnt really a matter of choice. I gunned the throttle, ordered my wingman to cover me, and hauled the mighty Eagle up into a steep climb to meet the Arab.

I had my weapons system cued to the last AMRAAM I had, and as we closed the distance, I too gave him the patented treatment. Like my previous nemesis, I too missed.

I surrendered to peace under that magnificent blue sky, and then reluctantly pulled over the top of the arc to meet certain death that wallowed below.

But there was nothing there. The Gods of War were merciful. The mad Arab had crashed in his fervour to kill.

Kill and be killed. That old adage haunted me all the way back to Tel Nof. My time too, would come.

But not just yet.

(An excerpt from Operation Jericho)

Very, very cool photo montage.

I love successful "you are there' stories!

:good:

:clapping:

Excellent!

And I have a couple of friends who get on my case about playing "stupid fighter-plane games."

I guess they'd rather "pwn" some orcs and farm for XP... :dntknw:

(Not that orc-pwning and XP-farming is necessarily bad in and of itself...)

:clapping:

Excellent!

And I have a couple of friends who get on my case about playing "stupid fighter-plane games."

I guess they'd rather "pwn" some orcs and farm for XP... :dntknw:

(Not that orc-pwning and XP-farming is necessarily bad in and of itself...)

They, and most people who dont like flight are slightly attention defecient, and find it difficult to comprehend a situation where there are so many variables. Sometimes running a good intercept and banging the extras requires devious strategy and relentless execution skills that are far beyond what such earthbound beings.

The secret that religion doesnt tell you is that heaven is right above our heads.