Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

So quiet in here

Everyone's nervously waiting for patches that might/must ruin FMs...

Maybe it's time for some attention to the ground?

This listening post can make a nice radar :biggrin:

hear.JPG

Totally eclipsed by the sun and sitting blissfully in the dark.................what is going on? Are patches on the horizon due out soon that will have that dramatic effect on the huge amount of mods currently being used by the community? Was up, Gr.Viper?

I think maybe Peter01 might have gotten a little frustrated seeing all his hard work affected by the latest patch? Can't say I blame him. Such is life in the Thirdwire world. :blink:

I agree that the ground needs attention. I have lots of ideas but not much time to work on them. I'm have a part time job as a painter that becomes more or less a full time job in warm weather. :whip::rolleyes:

Well the text below the pic says that experienced listeners could determine type, distance and altitude of the aircraft. Bearing was read from the scale on the device which was pointed at the sound source. Worked even at night and in cloudy weather when visual contact was impossible. Although the sound waves get affected by wind so position might be not precise.

So, yeah, it's SCIENCE :cool:

Well some things are in the works. I can report that these hearing devices were misled when the Staakens first appeared. It seems the noise levels were so high that the observers thought the aircraft were much closer than they were, and the reports were off by miles. This contributed to the amazing success of the Staakens over England, where none were ever shot down, either by aircraft or flak.

Stay tuned - more to come.

sinbad