Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

In your Opinion!?!

today, 27 Israeli pilots signed a letter

that they don't want to do operations in the territorys

they don't want to see innocent people (childern, old people, women...)

get hurt

I'm sure you all know the situation in the middle east....

what do you think about this?

they're refusing to serve and help kill "innocent people"

some of them are only helo pilots (non combat like blackhawk etc..)

a few of them are in reserve duity and fly once or twice a week....

10x for any opinion given

Cheers, Nesher

Hmm... dont want to start anything here, as this is a touchy topic... BUT! How can I resist.

Personally I would turn the area into a DMZ, atleast until a free Palestine can be set up, and then have a closed border between Isreal and Palestine.

As for the pilots quitting... I've never approved of shelling neighborhoods with 120mm and rockets. But then again, the suicide bombers dont seem to learn.... hence the DMZ idea. I know, I know, no more IDF, but the cycle will never end until somebody from the outside steps up and shows more balls than having a luncheon at Camp David.

IDF kills civies through accident/attrition (they get one terrorist and kill 100 civies). Hamas kills 100 civies... just to kill civies.

BOTH SIDES SUCK IN MY OPINION, and pilots can have whatever convictions they want, its up to their superiors to figure out what to do next.

what is DMZ ?

we don't suck :!: :!: :roll:

and also we don't kill 100 civilians every time 100 of our civilians

die, IDF kill armed people only but sometimes civilians get killed by mistake

Demilitarized Zone... like the border between North and South Korea... except this time the whole area is a DMZ.

The people dont suck, but the policies do!

Yes I know that the goal is not for the IDF to kill civies... thats why I said ACCIDENT/ATTRITION... SH*T HAPPENS.

HAMAS tries to kill civies, IDF just gets them by mistake.

I used 100 as a nice round number, not as an actual body count.

ok, and i know that 100 is not the real number

just an exm.

the only problem with your idea is that the Hamas and other terror groups are not an army like North Korean army

in order to this to happen the terror groups need to get united (something they don't and probably don't want to do)

I'm not sure what about their police ans stuff....

anyone else has an opinion ?

Guest MrMudd

Guys i respect each other nationalist and cultural beliefs. nesher has brought up an interesting conversation. The roles of a military person upholding national defense within the populace.

AS long as this topic stays "respectful and conducted non combatical" it can stay. When the insults and Flames start. I will remove the whole thread.

Thats why you get rid of all the settlements and give them some part of the country, and put up a buffer zone, and not allow anybody to cross into isreal or palestine... if they try you blow them up. I'm talkin barbed wire and mine fields here, not a check point between two buildings.

If this doesnt work... forcibly deport them to somewhere and let somebody else deal with the prob (thats my P.C. view). :wink:

Come on lads, I know there's some more opinions out there, just dont let it escalate into name calling or "my invisible man is better than yours" crap.

Now, I know I posted before Mudd did.... odd :?

10x again snapple

I'm wish it could have been that easy ....

don't worry Mudd only snapple has a good opinion :)

If this doesnt work... forcibly deport them to somewhere and let somebody else deal with the prob (thats my P.C. view).

it's been tried,they been kicked out of most arab countries,the jordanian king did not take it kindly when they talked about overthrowing him....

it's not that bad a situation as it might seem,if the ole head terrorist goes there might be a chance for a decent peaceful man to rise,to do what needs be done,as long as hamas,hezbollah and all the other groups have eaccces to the bekka valley and orders from the head terrorist there can be no peace.....the biggest difference between the idf and hamas etc is the idf goes out of its way to Not hurt civilians,the terrorists make it a Point to kill civvies,the more the better for them...