Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

P-400 Airacobra Skin & Ini Pak

P-400 Airacobra Skin & Ini Pak

Bell P-400 "Airacobra", 39th FS Skin and Ini Pak, For SF/WoV/WoE PTO installs

This is a semi-complete mod, re-creating the P-400, export version of the Bell P-39 "Airacobra". The skin represents aircraft from the 39th FS, 35th FG as seen around Port Morseby, PNG during mid-1942

It is also to be considered a FULL replacement, minus certain files, for the P-400 mod that's been on my site for several years. This version gets a fully upgraded skin, with newly redrawn panel and rivet lines, and a replacement cockpit, based on the Dev A-Team's Hurricane.

When I say "semi-complete", this means the aircraft LOD file is NOT included, NOR are the cockpit files from the Hurricane 1. You WILL be transfering these from their respective aircraft. Needless to say, you MUST have Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak for the LOD, and the DATs Hurri. Full instructions, and a parts list, are below in the "Install Instructions".

I've supplied all the inis, misc bmps and tgas and various and sundry bits to make the process as easy as possible.

The skin, as said above, is for the 39th FS, and has completely new redrawn panel and rivet lines. Aircraft ID numbers are as accurate as possible, based on research. Serial numbers are NOT used, as these were painted out in-theatre. In reality, although not painted on the aircraft, these birds were assigned RAF serials, as they were originally intented for the UK.

A revamped, cleaned up version of my original P-39 Hangar Screen is included, as is the damage tga.

-= NOTE: you must have the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06 to get the WW2 weapons and guns and such =-

- This mod has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. This mod is NOT reccomended for use in a WW2 PTO style install of WoI, as it handles prop flight models in "a most unusual, and odd way"

As usual, you are REQUIRED to read the enclosed readme for full, detailed install instructions.

Good Luck, and Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Hi, Kevin. good one here. Any chance on doin a soviet skin for this and the p-39 as the russians were major users of the types and for ground attack. thx.