Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

unsettling...

Don't you know that white christians are the only people in the USA trhat are fair game for discrimination and hatespeach.If you belong to any other religeon oer ethnic group you are afforded the full protection of the constitution.

I blam the union more than anything,in there hunt for new members to fill their coffers they will offer anything to get these new imigrant workers into their clutches.Unions were so usefull about 100 years ago now they stifle economic growth and end up losing more jobs than they save in lots (if not most) cases.Organised labor in a few cases that I am intimetly familiar with (teamsters in particular) prise money and influence over the workers they proport to be representing. :fie:

I lived in Emporia, KS for two years so my wife could finish school. At that time they had a Tyson Beef processing plant there. The majority of their workers were Somalians on work visas.

They had a Dolly Madison plant just down the road and when the smell of sugar cakes and cow crap collided it was terrible.

Edited by herman01

Here we have the Catolical and the protestant day.....but nothing of the "jew's day" xD

It is outdated and the unions are nothing more than another set of greedy crooks to screw over people who work for a living. And from most firsthand accounts, they make workdays miserable. Breaks and work so strictly budgeted with no wiggleroom for life's uncertainties. Collective bargaining still has its place among localized groups, but national and industry wide unions are nothing but trouble.

However, the article and the people in question fail to recognize a simple solution: keep labor day a paid vacation day, give the muslim workers their day off and give everyone else without a religious obligation a day off too. Or a floating 'personal day' they can take whenever?

Is it such a big deal to have 9 contractual paid holidays as opposed to 8?

99% of problems and controversies can be avoided with a little more thought than that required by a knee-jerk reaction.

It is outdated and the unions are nothing more than another set of greedy crooks to screw over people who work for a living. And from most firsthand accounts, they make workdays miserable. Breaks and work so strictly budgeted with no wiggleroom for life's uncertainties. Collective bargaining still has its place among localized groups, but national and industry wide unions are nothing but trouble.

However, the article and the people in question fail to recognize a simple solution: keep labor day a paid vacation day, give the muslim workers their day off and give everyone else without a religious obligation a day off too. Or a floating 'personal day' they can take whenever?

Is it such a big deal to have 9 contractual paid holidays as opposed to 8?

99% of problems and controversies can be avoided with a little more thought than that required by a knee-jerk reaction.

You know Eraser I get really scared when I agree with you. :wink: