Im sure people have tried - but they have to give up because its just sooo ugly

...And from what I hear from everyone, they think that it is 'cute'.

lol - don´t get me wrong, i don´t wanna marry it, i just want to fly it...

index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=6483

Edited by prowler_14

Are we talkin' the delta winged version or the conventional tail version?

Boeing had to redesign the X-32 with a conventional tail for the production models after their Autoclave process proved unable to provide lightweight giant wing assemblies without flaws, so the flying X-32s got more conventional, heavier wings and subsequently the VSTOL prototype was almost too heavy to fly, they performed their VSTOL flights with doors removed, very low fuel, ect.

The bottom line is the X-35 was more indicative of a production model aircraft with the performance to match, and the X-32 suffered a series of setbacks that just meant the demonstrator aircraft wasn't indicative of the production version anymore, and a lot more design changes were visible, i.e. going from a delta to a conventional tail. The second they brought out that first delta wing out of the oven with wrinkles on it, they were sunk.

I'd be willing to try either one, in the FAAAAAAR future. Well beyond two weeks. I know there was a flying version of the production model for Jane's USAF, though.

I'm building it. It's not in game yet, but I was planning on exporting it to show it off a little.

I was really a fan of the later conventional tailed X-32. It was also supposed to have a different intake desing that was tested on a F-16. It was more rounded and had nice look over the large square that the X-32 had as tested.

Storm

Guest 531_Ghost

It is kinda cute...

x32hap2b.jpg

"Cars" would have been so much better if it was called "Jets"

Edited by Klavs81

"Cars" would have been so much better if it was called "Jets"

+1 on that :yes: