Hi:

I've got a question about two of the custom settings mentioned in the GreenHell v. 2 ReadMe:

DetailMeshSize

NormalSceneClip

Where are these settings? Which INI file? I can't locate either in VIETNAMSEA_data.INI. Do they need to be added, or are they in some other INI file?

Thanks,

Eric L. Howes

Hey CA_Stary, excellent work with this, made Vietnam oh so much better to fly in :good:

Yeah, the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler. Thanks for the reply!

Sorry I really don't know how that utility works, I always install mods manually.

DetailMeshSize

NormalSceneClip

Where are these settings? Which INI file? I can't locate either in VIETNAMSEA_data.INI. Do they need to be added, or are they in some other INI file?

You can find "DetailMeshSize" in "Flightengine.ini" however you may need to extract it first from "Flightdata.cat" which you can find in "Flight" folder

"NormalSceneClip" is a function I don't think exists in WoX, however if you actually mean: "NearClipDistance" then you can find that in Flightengine.ini too.

@MC.202 -I don't think you'll need JSGME to install GH2, but if you'd like to do so, place the choosed "level of complexity' tod files in main MODS\VietnamSEA\ folder first.

Don't remember how JSGME works regarding mod folder structure, haven't bothered using it for few years now; otherwise you may want to drop relevant detail files only into own Terrain folders in separate patches in JSGME.

And as Brain32 says install his fabulous repaint first.

@eburger68 -be carefull with the DetailMeshSize= variable, too high and you'll get CTD on some computers.

@EricJ: thanks

CA_Stary & Brain32:

Thanks for the info -- very helpful.

Best,

Eric L. howes

This MOD makes the game!

I have a question though. what are the variation between Green Hell and GH 2, aside from things added? Is it me or is there less vegetation variation and fewer water buffaloes in GH2?

It should - as it's included in the Expansion Pack... (and it's AWESOME!)

Limitations are the "trees poking through the clouds" with the Dec 2009-patch, and the workaround to make them trees "transparent" (unfortunately).blink.gif

Ok...here's a dumb question. I installed GH2 as per the instructions. Runs fine...pretty tiles and nice buildings,huts,paddies etc.......BUT NO TREES........none.....nada. Adjusted the Flightdata.ini.........still no trees.....:( What did I do wrong? Did Uncle Ho cut all the trees down on my version? Running WOV on WinXP.........and yes....I have YAP installed and there ARE trees rendering in that Vietnam...............help!

Are you trying to use green hell 2 on WOV (Series 1)?