Well, like I promised christian59, after creating a new template off the exisitng skins, so more can be created for his very cool Tony Expansion Pak (sounds like something from "The Sopranos"!!)

Anyway, there's the result:

19th Sentain, 2nd Chutai circa 1944 Formosa/PI

tony_19-sentai.jpg

Still a couple of glitches to fix (a-g panel, combat stripe on fues, add a from more blotches on the tail). Chutai designator is a decal -- why waste that superb decal engine we're given?? Other chutais can easily be created by changing the color (blue, yellow, orange, etc)

Experimenting with a metricized Hurri pit, with the my IJN Type 98 gunsight; don't know if I'll keep that one, or switch to the Revi 12. I'll post some pics tommorrow.

Now, if one of our Japanes speakers would step up, and translate/repaint the Hurii's dash with Japanese characters...we'd have a passable cockpit for MANY of the IJAAF/IJN birds (well, depending on the exterior framing)

More later!

Wrench

kevin stein

Just as with the Seversky P-35A, this is some good

looking work again there Kev'ster. I likes! :clapping:

Craigster bubba

Very nice skin wrench. Thanks for all the detail work you do like with the ini and skin packs, etc. Agree, we could sure use a good japanese pit. Was flying a bomber last night with the hurri pit...just isnt the same...

could you please include some overal green camo like on the the late version ? :yes:

that shouldn't bee too hard...what Sentai would you like? (helps with research, in looking through my Profile books and etcs for the proper tail markings)

The 2nd picture would be super easy to do...I can look up that marking in my Hikoki book "Emblems of the Rising Sun - IJAAF" Has some great pics of the tail marking for just about ALL IJAAF aircraft used.

The nice thing about my new template, is I got smart ... did the overall NM finish, then the camo pattern on another layer. Mind you, I still haven't plotted all the decal coordinates, expecially for those full fueselage lentgh decals, which would pose problems with the weathering and staining -most notably with the exhaust streaks. Painting it on is possible, but there may be 'alignment' problems due to some slight misalignments of meshes in the LOD.

The template WILL be available on request, once I fix a few little things.

Wrench

kevin stein

hello

thank for this fast addon

for me the tail decal marking will be the best idea

it will be easy to change with all camo that will come

christian

that shouldn't bee too hard...what Sentai would you like?

Wrench

kevin stein

pick some out , maybe some not so difficult to make :good:

thank you very much

Guest Stiglr
19th Sentain, 2nd Chutai circa 1944 Formosa/PI

Experimenting with a metricized Hurri pit, with the my IJN Type 98 gunsight; don't know if I'll keep that one, or switch to the Revi 12. I'll post some pics tommorrow.

Now, if one of our Japanes speakers would step up, and translate/repaint the Hurii's dash with Japanese characters...we'd have a passable cockpit for MANY of the IJAAF/IJN birds (well, depending on the exterior framing)

More later!

Wrench

kevin stein

Ugh, why repurpose a Hurricane pit? That so "half-arsed". Come on, man... If you (or whomever did the 3D) have the skill to create the exterior 3D, you can create a custom pit, too. The modeling concepts are still the same, as I'm sure are the animation for the moving parts and the import. Just break down, take a deep breath and do it RIGHT.

Friends don't let friends make do with "placeholder pits". Planes are NOT done until they're accurate... and accurate EVERYWHERE, including the cockpit. If you're working with somebody else's "unfinished business here", get on them to complete their job. And stop the kneejerk "oohing and ahhing" over inaccurate, unfinished work. Up the standards a bit, and insist on complete, finished aircraft.

Ugh, why repurpose a Hurricane pit? That so "half-arsed". Come on, man... If you (or whomever did the 3D) have the skill to create the exterior 3D, you can create a custom pit, too. The modeling concepts are still the same, as I'm sure are the animation for the moving parts and the import. Just break down, take a deep breath and do it RIGHT.

Friends don't let friends make do with "placeholder pits". Planes are NOT done until they're accurate... and accurate EVERYWHERE, including the cockpit. If you're working with somebody else's "unfinished business here", get on them to complete their job. And stop the kneejerk "oohing and ahhing" over inaccurate, unfinished work. Up the standards a bit, and insist on complete, finished aircraft.

Stiglr, I think you are the one who needs to take a deep breath. You've been playing really nice but you are on the verge of slipping back into your old ways. Wrench did not not make this model, he is just making some badly needed improvements to it, so back off on the aggressive criticism.

I don't care about cockpits. I've built a couple of aircraft and I'll never build a cockpit. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. If you don't like it, why don't YOU make complete and accurate cockpits for all of the aircraft that don't currently have one? Some people are real mother (shut yo mouth)

ravenclaw: this what you looking for?

tony_105-sentai.jpg

105 Sentai, circa early 1945. There are 3 Chutai decals for the tail, in each of the Chutai colors, so it'd be concievable to create 3 complete skinsets by simply duplicated the folders, editing the decals ini and etc.

I didn't weather this one as much; in fact I faded the dirt down quite a bit from the 19 Sentai skin. Make it look just a little more newer.

Decal ini wise, right now it's set for the Ki-61-Im (with the Mauser 151 cannon). Simple text editing will allow for use on any Tony version.

Had/have some really strange issues with this one...the exhaust stack aren't painted nor are the wing guns. The 19 Sentai version is -- since they come off the same template, they should be identical. After spending 2 hours examing ever square mm of the skins and template, I finally gave up. So I just used my Mustang fix -- the exhaust stacks and wing guns are decals!:biggrin:

Also getting a strange "flashing" inside the forward fueselage, approx at the insturment panel bulkhead - in the same shape as a matter of fact. I'm gonna try something with a decal, and see if that works. According to the OUT file, there's an internal bulkhead with no material applied at about that position.

The 19 Sentai skin just needs a few more bits added to the readme, and it'll be ready to go.

Wrench

kevin stein

Dammit, Wrench! Every time I'm happily enjoying one version of the sim, you've got to drag me back into another version with your skins and inis. Seriously, beautiful work as always. Thanks. Oh, well. Off to the Pacific....

Heck

Hi Kev..

Fantastic and detailed work mate..as always, i love your additions to my ww2 install..that and first Eagles are my two favourite flight Sims..great stuff..your work is very much appreciated mate..

Best wishes from Scotland

Rab Watson (Sockboy)

Fife

Scotland

Dammit, Wrench! Every time I'm happily enjoying one version of the sim, you've got to drag me back into another version with your skins and inis. Seriously, beautiful work as always. Thanks. Oh, well. Off to the Pacific....

Heck

ravenclaw: this what you looking for?

Wrench

kevin stein

outstanding , thats exactly what im looking for :good:

thanks

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Just got it, Wrench. Thanks!

Heck

Guest Stiglr
Stiglr, I think you are the one who needs to take a deep breath. You've been playing really nice but you are on the verge of slipping back into your old ways. Wrench did not not make this model, he is just making some badly needed improvements to it, so back off on the aggressive criticism.

The criticism is not really that "aggressive", never has been. It's a "strongly held opinion," sure, but it's also an apt one.

Anybody here wanna argue the supposition that an accurate cockpit is NOT important? If not, I suppose then that the exterior's not important, either. "Make a Zero, paint it blue and just say it's a Hellcat. Whatever. Close enough." Is that the standard of quality and accuracy you want for your sim? I'd like to hope not.

So where do you draw the line? As I said, for my money, a plane is NOT FINISHED if it's missing something as important (not to mention as unique) as it's cockpit. It's where the player spends 90% of his time when flying any type. One really could argue that a proper cockpit is MORE IMPORTANT than the exterior from the pilot's perspective.

As for Timmy, I put my money where my mouth is in this regard. Any plane I create will have its own dedicated cockpit. If you've "built several planes and not built pits" to go along with them, and further if you're just going to be bullheaded and state "I'll never build a pit" it doesn't "make you a bad person." But I might say it makes you a piss-poor modeler and contributor; as I've said, your work is half-finished and it shows a disconcerting lack of concern for accuracy in your aircraft. Sorry if that irritates you...it is just one man's opinion, but it's pretty close to the mark from my POV.

Back to column5: I now realize that Wrench isn't the 3D person here, and perhaps the comment shouldn't be directed at him; mea culpa on that confusion; but my point is still valid. The Tony should have a Tony cockpit. Who in this community steps up to do that is another matter entirely.

Edited by Stiglr

Back to column5: I now realize that Wrench isn't the 3D person here, and perhaps the comment shouldn't be directed at him; mea culpa on that confusion; but my point is still valid. The Tony should have a Tony cockpit. Who in this community steps up to do that is another matter entirely.

Most of us here agree with your point about attention to detail. Its just the way you present it that sometimes causes a problem. The key to getting a great quality model of any aircraft is that it should be done by someone who is passionate about that particular plane. Its entirely conceivable that someday, someone will come around who is passionate about Japanese aircraft and make some new HD models, similar to the work AD did on the Zero and Betty. Until then, we have to make the most of the existing resources.

I may be a "piss-poor modeler" but yet, the only thing I see you contributing to the community is your opinion which is worth nothing. Have a nice day. :smile:

¡Aye caramba!