Sign in to follow this  

I downloaded the Charlie's Aces...fly the 1/921st"Sao Do"'s MiG-17 for some intercept mission.

I found these:

when the speed is up to around 430kts,I'm feel very hard controling it

When the speed is above 480kts,I lost my control....I had to up airbreak...

But there is an other promblem...

When the target of mine is A-4s they are easy to intercept.

And in the dogfight with esorting fighters,the mig-17 did fine.

But....when the target is F-105s....I fonund I can never chase them........because their speed is almost faster than 450kts.....in that speed...I'm hard to control,and easily lost control...

Are these real?

Edited by Erwin_Hans

That's nothin. Czech out the The De Havilland Hornet, speed and range. I did not know about this. Ceiling doesn't seem very high though. This is forcing me against my will to add RAF to the Siberian Sky legend.

~> http://www.vectorsite.net/avmoss_3.html

It is said, in VPAF,some of the MiG-17F is J-5 from China.

And all of the MiG-19S are J-6 Early type of China.

Edited by Erwin_Hans

So can not wait for WIP J-6 :smile:

:rolleyes: Looks like there will be a lager fuel tank,and a two swinder pylons.

Edited by Erwin_Hans

I like the Mig-17 high speed performance limits in Charlie Aces!

:rolleyes: Looks like there will be a lager fuel tank,and a two swinder pylons.

So its shape will be close to classik Mig-19S? I am not totally sure which differencies are between these two planes. Mig-19S is important plane for me, becouse Czechoslovakia made them in license. So really looky forward :clapping:

To Stary:

Hehe, yeah, why race with Phantom in speed (in Mig-17), when we can "shoot" him down by manoeuvre... :crazy:

Edited by kukulino

Six principal variants have been developed in Chinese service:

J-6A (J-6IV) Similar to MiG-19PF, all-weather radar-equipped interceptor with two 30mm cannon. Exported as the F-6A.

J-6B Similar to MiG-19PM "Farmer-D", interceptor with two PL-1 (Chinese version of Soviet K-5 (AA-1 'Alkali') beam-riding air-to-air missiles; it is unclear if the J-6B retains its cannon.

J-6C Day fighter version with three 30mm cannon and braking parachute at the base of the rudder J-6 Xin Advanced version of the J-6A with radome on the splitter plate (rather than the shock cone centerbody) for Chinese-made radar.

J-6III Single-seat day-fighter prototype.

JJ-6 Two-seat trainer, stretched 84 cm (33.1 in) to accommodate second seat, armed with one 30 mm cannon. Exported as FT-6.

JZ-6 Dedicated reconnaissance version with fuselage camera pack replacing cannon. As of April 2006, it was reported that the PLAAF 3rd Recon Regiment, 26 Air Division based in Nanjing MR, is the last regiment to actively fly the JZ-6.

F-6RF in PAF:J-6C(?) early type with a large Fuel tank under fuselage and two swinder pylons with AIM-9J/L.

Later J-6: J-6Cs(?) late type with a large Fuel tank under fuselage and two s pylons with PL-2 such as F-6 in PAF

PAF F-6

j6_p_1.jpg

j6_p_2.jpg

j6_p_3.jpg

Almost PLAAF are day fighters

Edited by Erwin_Hans

Aha, so Mig-19S/F-6 does not exist, if I understand it right?

Aha, so Mig-19S/F-6 does not exist, if I understand it right?

Yes,yes