Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Sabre Speed Brakes

I noticed the other day that all of my F-86E/F (from Tazkillers' F-86 Late Models Pak) have one speed brake extended (usually the left side) and the other retracted sitting on the runway awaiting takeoff. Cycling the speed brake key reverses the situation. When rolling for takeoff the extended speed brake retracts and the other speed brake stays retracted. While airborne, when extending the speed brake, usually the right brake extends and the left speed brake remains retracted. The aircraft does not go into the expected flight gyrations from asymetrical extension, but responds as if both brakes came out together. It just is not right! Anybody run into this or have a thread I can look at that I have missed earlier that fixes this?

I don't have Taz's E/F installed, but this is from Zur's stock F model:

[LeftAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

AnimationID=4

ModelNodeName=L_airbrake_door_outside

DragArea=0.80

[RightAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

AnimationID=5

ModelNodeName=R_airbrake_door_outside

DragArea=0.80

There dosen't seem to be any callout for "reverse mode orientation" or whatever its called. Try using this data, and see what happens.

I'll install his and see what I can see with...got them unzipped and stored around here somewhere!

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest Tazkiller
I noticed the other day that all of my F-86E/F (from Tazkillers' F-86 Late Models Pak) have one speed brake extended (usually the left side) and the other retracted sitting on the runway awaiting takeoff. Cycling the speed brake key reverses the situation. When rolling for takeoff the extended speed brake retracts and the other speed brake stays retracted. While airborne, when extending the speed brake, usually the right brake extends and the left speed brake remains retracted. The aircraft does not go into the expected flight gyrations from asymetrical extension, but responds as if both brakes came out together. It just is not right! Anybody run into this or have a thread I can look at that I have missed earlier that fixes this?

I never noticed any abnormalities in my installs.

But I will certainly look into the problem.

My hard drive totally crashed this last weekend, and everything was lost.

Probly a line error on my part.

May I ask what title of the series are you flying the Sabres in and the patch level?

Guest Tazkiller

Just ran through the entire "A, E, & F" series in Strike Fighter title of the game.

Speedbrake operation, function, and appearence; completely normal.

Are you using these planes in Wings Over Israel?

If so there are many abnormalities in using Pre- W.O.I. aircraft in this game title.

Until T.K. and his Team up all titles of the series up to the W.O.I. standard; all upgrades on the Sabre package by me, are on hold.

Edited by Tazkiller

"Airbrakes.............. your gonna do what!"

Who needs them lol

Edited by MAKO69

Who needs them lol

i do , to install the hydraulics where it belongs :biggrin:

oh my....that's NICE detail!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

oh my....that's NICE detail!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

thanks

but there are some more changes to that bird, still a long way to go the skins are not even close to finish

I'm using Tazkiller's Sabres in WOI, and my speedbrakes are always in the closed position when I'm sitting on the runway, waiting to take off. I have to use my joystick button to deploy them, and when I do, they deploy normally, so I don't think it's a WOI problem. Could you post the speedbrake section of your dataini? Maybe someone could spot the problem. Wish I could be of more help.

Heck

Guest Tazkiller
thanks

but there are some more changes to that bird, still a long way to go the skins are not even close to finish

THOSE SKINS ARE SOOOO. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Man I can't wait for the release of this work!!!!!!!!!!

Just ran through the entire "A, E, & F" series in Strike Fighter title of the game.

Speedbrake operation, function, and appearence; completely normal.

Are you using these planes in Wings Over Israel?

If so there are many abnormalities in using Pre- W.O.I. aircraft in this game title.

Until T.K. and his Team up all titles of the series up to the W.O.I. standard; all upgrades on the Sabre package by me, are on hold.

Thanks for the check, Taz. I guess it is me and my particular install. I have a copy of SFP1(all patches applied) that I have set apart just for the Korean conflict and I have found this speedbrake problem specifically with the F-86F-30. SpeedBrake section of the data.ini attached:

// Airbrakes ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

AnimationID=4

DragArea=1.20

[RightAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

AnimationID=5

DragArea=1.20

Edited by Jug

Guest Tazkiller
Thanks for the check, Taz. I guess it is me and my particular install. I have a copy of SFP1(all patches applied) that I have set apart just for the Korean conflict and I have found this speedbrake problem specifically with the F-86F-30. SpeedBrake section of the data.ini attached:

// Airbrakes ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

AnimationID=4

DragArea=1.20

[RightAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.5

AnimationID=5

DragArea=1.20

Often times when you change things in the data_ini file it will disrupt or not agree with the lod files and you will experience abnormalities.

Did you modify any other data.

As I said before. I had a complete hard drive failure last week. And am rebuilding all my installs from the download sections here and from third wire.

So far, from my experience, all functions with the Sabre package are completely normal.

The DragArea was the only value modified dealing with the speed brakes.

Often times when you change things in the data_ini file it will disrupt or not agree with the lod files and you will experience abnormalities.

Did you modify any other data.

As I said before. I had a complete hard drive failure last week. And am rebuilding all my installs from the download sections here and from third wire.

So far, from my experience, all functions with the Sabre package are completely normal.

The DragArea was the only value modified dealing with the speed brakes.

Taz, yes, I did add a dorsal and ventral rotating beacon light and a futile attempt to get the canopy to open by adding the device and additions to the [fuseleage] section (numbered sequentially) to call the lights and canopy. I may try removing the canopy deal since it did not work anyway. The lights work fine. That, indeed, was the culprit. Speedbrakes work as they should now. Thanks.

Edited by Jug

Guest Tazkiller
Taz, yes, I did add a dorsal and ventral rotating beacon light and a futile attempt to get the canopy to open by adding the device and additions to the [fuseleage] section (numbered sequentially) to call the lights and canopy. I may try removing the canopy deal since it did not work anyway. The lights work fine. That, indeed, was the culprit. Speedbrakes work as they should now. Thanks.

Sorry your idea didn't work out.

If I remember correctly, Zur did not add provisions for canopy opening due to the fact all animation slots where full.

But at the same time glad to hear that the speedbrakes are back to normal.

Taz.

Edited by Tazkiller

Sorry your idea didn't work out.

If I remember correctly, Zur did not add provisions for canopy opening due to the fact all animation slots where full.

But at the same time glad to hear that the speedbrakes are back to normal.

Taz.

Taz, your Sabre's are sweet. Just got my 7th kill with the Huff skin added to your F-86F-30. I knew Jim Thompson (pilot of the Huff) and he told me that he really didn't have anything to do with the dragon down the side of the aircraft, his crewchief was going through some separation difficulties with his wife and painted her likeness (according to his perspective) on the side of the jet. Jim was a full colonel at the time stationed at Columbus AFB, MS, as the safety officer. I was a T-37B instructor pilot at the time and with enough beer at the bar he could wind up a mighty tale of his two MiG kills in Korea. Fine pilot and a great guy. Sweet to see his Sabre defending the skies once more in the sim.