Hi whenever i start on a grass airfield for some reason my plane always blows up becuase the other one is on top of it is there any way to fix this.

Hi whenever i start on a grass airfield for some reason my plane always blows up becuase the other one is on top of it is there any way to fix this.

Check the "catfile=" in your terrain.ini

For SFP/SFG

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

For WoV

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

For WoE

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

For WoI

CatFile=..\IsraelME\IsraelME.cat

Edited by Silverbolt

Silverbolt is correct EXCEPT for the use of the IsraelME.cat. It has completely different naming conventions, and is NOT usable for any other terrains. Period

First questions that should have been asked is: What game are you speaking of? There are NO grass airfield is SF/WoV/WoE. The grass fields ONLY exist in First Eagles. Dirt/unpaved airfields, well that's a different story....those are the stock Runway 3 in all version, excepting FE.

Wrench

kevin stein

Silverbolt is correct EXCEPT for the use of the IsraelME.cat. It has completely different naming conventions, and is NOT usable for any other terrains. Period

First questions that should have been asked is: What game are you speaking of? There are NO grass airfield is SF/WoV/WoE. The grass fields ONLY exist in First Eagles. Dirt/unpaved airfields, well that's a different story....those are the stock Runway 3 in all version, excepting FE.

Wrench

kevin stein

erm xD

should be for this the Midway terrain are giving CTD for me :good:

btw, when i used IsraelME for Lybia terrain it gives a cool underwater effect :cool:

Edited by Silverbolt

Yes, it IS kinda cool...great for amphibious assualts!!! Or fly fishing!!! :wink:

I guess Quadaffi got his irrigation plans working just a bit TOO well!!! :rofl:

Also, remember the main caveat for WoI -- DO NOT USE IT FOR WW2!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Actually, I do use the IsraelME.cat for all the 3rd party terrains and the WOE/WOV/SFP1 terrains in my WOI install and it works, in fact i get static aircraft in all of my maps because of that.

Actually, I do use the IsraelME.cat for all the 3rd party terrains and the WOE/WOV/SFP1 terrains in my WOI install and it works, in fact i get static aircraft in all of my maps because of that.

Really?

Interesting...I may have to do some more research...

FastCargo

Because of the parking[xy] entries in the whatever_airfieldX.ini ?

If memory serves me corectly these entries are found in all versions SFP1/WoV/WoE/WoI

but only work with WoI right now.

The next patch should address that along with groundmapping radar in avionic70s.dll, that right now works only in WoI.

S!

Edited by Tannethal