Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

ArmA optics/zoom

Alright I just got ArmA gold and downloaded the 1.14 patch.

I played before downloading the patch or trying trackIR with it and like in OFP looking down the sign (optics) raised the gun and zoomed in at the same time, comfortable and intuitive.

After I install the patch and enable TIR, I've found the optics and zoom appear to be seperate. Now when you look down the sight, it stays zoomed out (and consequently can't see **** through a scope to aim) and its very unintuitive, with or without the trackIR zoom, which I turned off because it would zoom in with the regular view too much and just felt wrong.

But I want to go back to the simple raise sights + zoom at the same time. Anyone know how?

I've still not bothered to learn how to use TIR in ArmA. I tried it briefly when I first got ArmA (I had TIR first) and found it too disconcerting and I've just never tried it since.